User Reviews for Acetaminophen/oxycodone

Also known as: Endocet, Magnacet, Narvox, Oxycet, Percocet, Percocet 10/325, Percocet 10/650, Percocet 2.5/325, Percocet 5/325, Percocet 7.5/325, Percocet 7.5/500, Perloxx, Primlev, Roxicet, Roxilox, ...show all 18 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/oxycodone.

Chronic Pain 56 reviews 102 medications

8.9
Pain 324 reviews 910 medications

8.7
Summary of Acetaminophen/oxycodone reviews 380 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Acetaminophen/oxycodone

Review by Robert A. (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Percocet 7.5/500 (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I suffer from spinal stenosis and have for 5 years. This keeps the pain to a level where I can get out of bed. It last about two hours and tolerance to the medication develops within 18 months. Was moved up to the 10mg pill with much better results.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 9, 2014 8:44 PM

Review by Morgan Danielle.:

Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Pain: Percocet was a life saver for me. I was on Vicodin prior, and they didn't help whatsoever. I had taken Vicodin for like, 5 years. I was at the point where I had to take like SIX Vicodin to get relief. People acted like I was a seeker but I'm definitely not, I just got a high tolerance because the dose was never changed. Percocet helps so much more! If I'm in 10/10 pain, I can take like one and a half or two - and it'll take it down to a 3-4/10. I have quite a few health issues, my main issue is a back injury from cheerleading and a bladder issue called interstitial cystitis. It's excruciating. Since changing to Percocet, I went from every month or two, being in the ER... to, no ER visits!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2014 10:21 PM

Review by brittbritt88:

For Pain: Didnt help with pain but felt better.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 5:52 PM

Review by OLou (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I have many spine health issues and as a result, experience the joys of chronic back pain. This medicine works well for moderate pain for me. I did build up a tolerance for it pretty quickly, however, which is typical for any pain medicine. Bad side effects I experienced were debilitating nausea and hot flashes when it was taken on an empty stomach. Also, the all-over "itchies," when I first started taking the medicine. Both of these can be prevented by eating with the medicine and taking an antihistamine with it.

May 3, 2014 4:10 PM

Review by Dean1962:

Xartemis XR (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Today was my first dose about noon, then second dose about 5:30pm. I have to confess I was a bit nervous about taking this med, I get panic attacks when taking a new meds especially because I could not find any patient reviews anywhere on the internet, guess I am the first. Also the large size and bright blue color did intimidate me. I have chronic pain from fibromyalgia, herniated disks in neck and back and now battling kidney stones. So far I have had no pain today and also have more energy than I have had in the last 6 months. Before I was on Percocet 10mg and Mscontin 15mg but had to change PM doc and she took my meds away and gave me Xartemis instead. If the rest of my days go as this one I think I will stay on this medication.

April 17, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by anonymous again:

Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Many back injuries, as child and adult. At 40, had fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, and more. On 8 Advil/day, much pain. Wonderful old doc said I'd blow kidneys on Advil, put me on Percocet 5/325 - it really helped. Later, other MDs put me on variety of antidepressants. They did NOT relieve pain (some aggravated it). Side effects were monstrous; so was withdrawal when I quit. I remain on my Perc. After 2 decades of careful use, I now take 10/325 dose, cut them in half and take as needed, average 3 pills/day. I can walk, function well and think straight. No side effects! BEST PAIN MED EVER. My heart breaks for people in severe pain.

April 15, 2014 3:57 PM

Review by roxxyrobin (taken for less than 1 month):

Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Pain: I was recently put on percochet for back problems. I have periods of feeling bad but once I take 10/325 it really helps with the pain. Still havin issues with waking up in the middle of the night. I actually can live a normal life now without being in misery.

March 31, 2014 4:10 AM

Review by gecelove (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Percocet 10/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Really good medicine. But be careful when taking it.

March 29, 2014 9:32 PM

Review by lysergicexpat:

Percocet 7.5/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I was involved in a car accident half a year ago and misaligned my spine. I was initially on 5mg oxycodone. The 5mg's were weak but seemed to hit quicker, about 20 mins. The 7.5/325 seems to do the trick; each morning is hell but the oxy/acetaminophen works in about 40 mins and numbs most of my pain. Left slightly lightheaded but not shy compared to the pain is was in. I would recommend this medication to others.

March 28, 2014 10:37 AM

Review by sopranofan (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Pain: Probably one of (if not the best) pain reliever on the market when used for acute pain. Or when coupled with a long lasting "around the clock" pain reliever it can be used for breakthrough pain.

March 23, 2014 7:35 PM

Review by Paris14:

Percocet 5/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Pain: Been feeling heaviness on chest along with some warming, feels like a chest cold. Been on Percocet for a week and feeling this way for about 3 days.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 20, 2014 5:45 PM

Review by Bobs brew:

Endocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Endocets are the most tolerable of any prescription pain medication.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2014 4:11 AM

Review by Alivebygrace:

For Chronic Pain: Was in a horrific motor vehicle accident, broke spine, pelvis in 5 places, total separation of spine and pelvis, right/left arm, left ankle and left hip, I now have Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, bulging disk, scoliosis and spinal stenosis. I took Lorcet 10/650 for several years with no relief. I didn't want to take the very strong pain medicines so I finally found an awesome pain Dr. That started me on Percocet 10/325 this has made a world of difference in my life. I've gone from non-functioning due to overwhelming pain to now functioning. I've had no side effects at all. I also have permanent nerve damage. This medication in conjunction with Soma 350 greatly helps keep fibromyalgia relaxed, eases pain, I'm never pain free, I don't expect to be.

March 3, 2014 10:37 AM

Review by Kidney boy:

Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Pain: Given this for kidney stones. Takes away the pain helps you relax. I experience a little bit of nausea but not severe.

February 25, 2014 11:55 PM

Review by cv80 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Worked great for tooth pain as only hydrocodone was not helping.

February 24, 2014 9:05 AM

Review by Double D:

Percocet 5/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for : My surgeon prescribed Percocet 5/325 after my total Right knee replacement. I've had no problems and complete relief of pain. HIGHLY recommend.

February 21, 2014 10:03 AM

Review by severe bursitis in both hips (taken for less than 1 month):

Endocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: When the cortizone shots stopped helping me, my Dr prescribed Endocet. Day one I was able to walk, sit, stand and lay down pain free. I do get a little bit light headed. I'll take that any day! Previously tried hydrocodone all the way to 10/325 and I was still in pain. This really works wonders.

February 6, 2014 4:37 PM

Review by Tenn:

Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I am mid 40s male and had chronic back pain, spondylosis and degenerative disc disease for the last 5 years to where it became impossible to hardly move without being in pain. I am allergic to codeine so the doctors tried Vicodin. I saw nothing with Vicodin except tiredness. I was asked to try Percocet 5/325 in place of the Vicodin. Not only has it helped make the pain manageable I actually had the desire to get out of the house and do things that I have not been able to do before taking it.

January 24, 2014 8:09 PM

Review by Keoute:

Percocet 5/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Pain: Used Percocet when I got my wisdom teeth out. It made the pain tolerable. But the nausea was worse than the pain would have been. I could not even close my eyes because I was so dizzy and sick to my stomach. I had to call the doctor for another pain killer.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 15, 2014 10:55 PM

Review by Country dj (taken for less than 1 month):

Percocet 10/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Pain: Had my hand crushed in a machine at work with a total of 15 breaks in my right hand. Was originally on 5/325 Percocet with limited relief. Doc switched me to this today and can already tell the big difference. I can actually function somewhat normal and continue physical therapy.

January 15, 2014 12:54 PM

Review by jenbab83 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Percocet 10/325 (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I have been on multiple pain meds for scoliosis and a previous break. This works better than the fentanyl patches, and way better than the MsContins I was on. They don't make feel groggy or have an upset stomach. Highly recommended.

November 29, 2013 11:58 PM

Review by TJCOLLINS (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: Doesn't control pain for long enough period of time. Decreases pain from 9 to 7 for 2 hours then pain starts to increase again. Also causes nausea and dry mouth.

November 20, 2013 8:44 PM

Review by kenny T:

Percocet 10/650 (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: I used too be on Percocet 10-325 years ago that help my back pain but doctor took me off and I've been on Lortab 10-500 and that did not help at all I was taking them 4 times a day...no relief but sleeping a lot. So I found me a new awesome doctor that put me on the Percocet 10-650mg, to take them every 6 hours for pain but I only have to take one and it does the job.

November 19, 2013 9:21 AM

Review by applepie#1 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Pain: I had a herniated disc and take Percocet 5/325 to manage pain and it makes it possible for me to have a good day. If you dont stay ahead of the pain then u will have a difficult time getting the pain back under control. I have been on percocet since August 2012 and dry mouth and sweating are my side effects. I take fernagan for naseau and upset stomache. I take with my dosage of 1.5 tablets every 8 hours. I worry about withdrawal but the pain made me nonfunctional. It is the lesser of two evils. I had back surgery but my nerve was " mangled" so my recovery time is longer than expected.

November 11, 2013 5:04 PM

Review by Steven Causey (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Percocet (acetaminophen / oxycodone) for Chronic Pain: My experience began when I was a child. I had very strange headaches, eventually diagnosed as "ice pick migraines" They had all the symptoms of the normal migraine you hear about, except, they were so painful, my feet would draw up, my eyes would roll back, and I went almost stiff from the pain....nothing helped. When I hit my thirties, I started having issues with my spine, my pancreas, and my kidneys. Percocet is the only therapy out there that keeps me from wanting to die. My blood is thinner, and I have issues as stated, with my pancreas and stomach, so I cannot take OTC drugs, they make me sick. Very sick. But, of course, no one believes that until they see what happens to me. Its kind of a living hell. I say if we can help, help.

November 10, 2013 3:50 PM