User Reviews for Vicodin ES

Learn more about Vicodin ES.

Cough 2 reviews 739 medications

For Cough: Works great.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2013 9:13 AM

Review by breaker:

For Back Pain: I have a blown out knee and major back issues needing surgery on my back and a knee replacement also two out of four left shoulder ligaments are torn in half. If not for Vicodin I would not make it through a day. Only side effect I have once in a while is constipation and upset stomach. I've been on this pain regiment for four years. There are good days and real bad days where nothing helps.

June 2, 2013 7:15 PM

Review by loving mother of three and wife (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Back Pain: I have Marfan's syndrome and I have horrible lower back and joint pain and this medicine and a nerve pain medicine really helps me be a mom I need to be.

March 5, 2013 10:43 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Pain: Vicodin ES was needed for my chronic pain due to Multiple Sclerosis. My condition is really controlled.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 18, 2013 8:11 PM

For Cough: It helps

July 29, 2012 11:24 PM

For Pain: I had a root canal and something went very wrong. The procedure, for those not familiar is an infection at the very base of a tooth. I had swelling, intense pain in half my lower jaw along with numbness. This medicine worked well for the pain with minimal side effects, although I was very cautious driving and stopped medicines when going on major highways.

October 8, 2011 10:44 PM

Review by Addicted!:

For Pain: I am 18. I have been using Vicodin for about a year now for migraines and back pain. My back problems started right after I had my son. I never experienced back pain or migraines until I had him. All the lifting him up and yelling triggered the issues! I was on a medication called "Bultab". It kept me awake all night, it was terrible. Thankfully I was written a prescription for Vicodin and it really helped.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2011 9:39 PM

Review by K T:

For Back Pain: Working for a long time just don't take more than what is prescribed.

June 30, 2011 6:30 AM

For Back Pain: As this medicine can cause intestinal problems care should be exercised because sometimes backache is due to intestinal obstruction.

May 5, 2011 7:29 AM

For Back Pain: My back was severely injured in 1981 I have had numerous surgeries and am disabled I have an implanted pain pump I have used Vicodin for at least 20 years. I use it when I need it. I go several days and sometimes weeks without taking it. I get some pain relief. I am never pain free I don't use enough to kill the pain just enough to make it bearable.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2011 4:48 AM

For Pain: I've had back pain for almost 3 years now, sometimes to the point of tears due to simple actions like walking or bending. After being put on this medication 3-4 doses daily, I have had the pain relieved, and my actual mood and focus has increased at work. My previous evaluations and reviews were below average and now after being put on this treatment my last two reviews have increased to above average. It takes effect quite quickly and lasts for the directed amount of time on the prescription. The only con I have for this medication is that it affects myself in a negative way during intercourse. I have found when on the medication my climax takes 3-4 times as long or not at all during that time. Quite frustrating.

August 23, 2009 12:00 AM

Review by hpnotiq_713:

For Pain: I would like to say that I have been in pain for approximately 4 years and finally have met with a good doctor who has put me on this medication. I take 7.5 mg pill 4 times daily and it has helped me to be able to move around more as well as being able to get things done. I am glad to have found a good doctor to have helped me feel better, to not be so miserable, and I wish people would not talk about the bad of using narcotic pain relievers as it has been the only thing that has helped me .

August 12, 2009 7:36 PM

For Pain: I have a problem with my rotator cuff (shoulder) which causes extreme pain. My doctor put me on a anti-inflammatory drug and Vicodin ES for the pain. I was almost pain free.

September 26, 2008 12:56 PM