User Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Also known as: Anexsia, Anolor DH5, Co-Gesic, Dolacet, Dolagesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hy-Phen, Hycet, Hydrocet, Hydrogesic, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, ...show all 31 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/hydrocodone.

Rheumatoid Arthritis 17 reviews 360 medications

8.6
Pain 380 reviews 916 medications

Summary of Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reviews 546 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

For Cough: Hydrocodone (either in the form of Lortab or Tussionex) is the ONLY thIng that works for my cough. I was diagnosed with asthma as a child and I ALWAYS have problems with a chronic cough when I get sick. I've been taking everything imaginable for the past 3 days to try and calm the cough so I can sleep- Robitussin, Delsym, Cheratussin AC (yes! even codeine didn't work!), Asmanex and Albuterol. I had to go to the ER tonight and BEG the doctor for it since I'm not in any pain. He didn't believe me when I told him hydrocodone is the only thing that works for my cough. He said its just a myth... but here I am, 45 minutes later without the coughing!

December 26, 2011 11:44 PM

Review by NOLEN80:

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Great for pain relief, broken tibia and fibula reconstructed with titanium rod. 1-2 tabs every 4-5 hours seems to keep pain in check.

December 21, 2011 8:36 PM

Review by ATVauto:

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I had an auto accident which resulted in a broken tibia and fibula. Which had to be reconstructed with a titanium rod from knee to ankle. After 2 weeks of Lortab 10/325, doctor put me on Lortab 5/325, for pain management. Taken 1-2 every 4-5 hours works really well for the pain. I could do physical therapy without being in extreme pain.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2011 8:30 PM

Review by ResQMan217:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I have had 3 Back Surgeries the first one was Botched with cut nerves and also left a hole in my spine! The other 2 was fusion surgeries with a implanted Battery Pack to try and fix the damage from the first one so I have to take pain medicines every 4 hours and I have tried a lot of pain medicines but Norco 10-325 seems to work the best so far for me.

December 20, 2011 4:33 PM

Review by Torres, S.:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I started taking Vicodin and carisoprodol 1 tab twice a day. I lived with pain for years until I started the medicines. But now it's creeping up to where I have to take them all the time. Usually I take two Vicodin and 1 carisoprodol or the other way around just to feel fine. I worry because I understand it can be addictive.

December 3, 2011 1:47 PM

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Vicodin was prescribed for my shoulder pain. After taking the medicine for 3 days without relief of my shoulder pain I quit taking the medicine.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 30, 2011 6:03 PM

Review by Clinton G:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I have 5 herniated discs in my neck from being T-boned by a red light runner. Until I was prescribed Norco with Soma (2 pills, not a combo pill) the pain was always either intense or more intense! Usually the Norco/Soma works great! However, after 6 years, I know I'm seriously "medically" dependent on them, even if I feel fine. If I skip too many, the withdrawal symptoms start showing up! But I have to say other than that, they work great!

November 25, 2011 6:20 PM

Review by frozen in pain:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I am in my 40's and have got Frozen Shoulder in my left shoulder. My doctor prescribed Vicodin 5-500mg and it takes the edge off the pain. After the the first prescription of 30 pill were gone I requested a refill my doctor said he would only refill that bottle once more and that is it. Stating that I would have to endure the pain. He did not want me to become addicted. Well I appreciate the concern, but what about my pain? My pills have not run out yet but when they do there will a constant pain. It affects my happiness, work, etc.

November 25, 2011 5:38 PM

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I suffered with a torn disc which eventually lost all the fluid at L5. So then I am left with a disc bulging way into the nerve, horribly painful. I dealt with it on my own for 8 months before going to the doctor. About a month after all the X-rays and MRI and shots and incorrect medicines they gave me Lortab... it was instant relief. They gave me 2 a day of 5 mg, that helped but wasn't enough. So I had a back fusion. The Norco works great. If the proper dosage is determined at onset it works wonders.

November 24, 2011 12:02 AM

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Norco is by far the only pain medicine I have tried and that actually worked for my back, neck and leg pain. For me there are no side effects, it just works. I suffered from depression due to the wide spread pain in my body but the Norco also has helped with that. I've taken it for 4 years and have had times off of the medication and it's tough but only because the pain returns and I become sleep deprived. It really is a miracle.

November 21, 2011 8:20 AM

Review by Mrs. Lissa:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I take 8 10/325 Norco and two time released Opana ER 20 a day and the Norco helped for years alone, I have bowel problems joint and back problems. I just want to have a normal day to get up and care for my family. I don't drink or abuse medicines but I'm thankful for what relief I get from my medicines.

November 12, 2011 3:08 AM

Review by Nancycatxx:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: It works great for my arthritis. I can be mobile enough to even go to work.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2011 9:27 PM

Review by jezzy 103:

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Headaches: Problem solver.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2011 11:30 AM

Review by mugsy1340:

For Pain: I was prescribed this medication for pain management after lithotripsy surgery for multiple kidney stones, and it worked exactly as prescribed - knocked me out and killed the pain. BUT - after 3 days using this medicine, I was extremely constipated - even though I was eating very little and drinking large amounts of water to help me pass the remaining stones. I'm not talking about being mildly "backed up"; this was quite painful, and I was unable to sit or lie down comfortably. It required a full bottle of magnesium citrate to resolve and if that hadn't worked I was heading to the ER.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2011 3:15 PM

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Dentist prescribed this after having 4 wisdom teeth extracted... this was a lifesaver. Not only did it help the pain but it made me feel really relaxed and I was able to sleep very well through the pain.

October 29, 2011 9:29 PM

Review by donothesit8:

For Pain: After a gastric bypass 7 yrs. ago, have required 5 major small bowel resections, tube feedings, TPN. Have had GI bleeds, ulcers, obstructions. Taking the Hydrocodone elixir 30 min. before a meal allows me to eat approximately 3-4 ounces of soft foods without doubling over in pain. It is like an exposed nerve in my gut without it. Also have to use a Fentanyl patch for long-term relief. Biggest mistake in my life was the Gastric Bypass. I went from 274 to 115 and am now underweight and still losing.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2011 5:00 AM

Review by that 1 guy:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I have been taking Norco now for about 2 months for severe migraines. It works great, it helps me finally get sleep and takes the pain away.

October 18, 2011 3:21 PM

Vicodin ES (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I had a root canal and something went very wrong. The procedure, for those not familiar is an infection at the very base of a tooth. I had swelling, intense pain in half my lower jaw along with numbness. This medicine worked well for the pain with minimal side effects, although I was very cautious driving and stopped medicines when going on major highways.

October 8, 2011 10:44 PM

Review by DragnSlyr:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: As a former Firefighter who suffered a back injury 17 yrs ago. The surgeons said surgery would not help and that I should stay on pain medicines for relief. I've tried them all. Norco 10/325 has been the best. I have been able to get a job and hold it, which has done wonders for my self esteem. To be able to return to the work force and lead a relatively normal life. I can't do a lot of things but since being on Norco 10/325 for 4 years now I no longer suffer any depression and family and friends say I'm my old self again. I still suffer times where I have to slow way down but overall this medicine has been life changing for me.

October 8, 2011 9:21 PM

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Cough: Works great for cough.

September 30, 2011 1:10 PM

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Cough: Works great.

September 30, 2011 1:09 PM

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Cough: This medicine works perfect.

September 30, 2011 1:07 PM

Review by 96chanz:

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Lortab 10/325 is a very effective medicine for scoliosis.

September 27, 2011 5:16 PM

Review by bulletbob:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I have had low back pain for about 20 years, had a disc bulge cut out L4-L5 now pinched never L5-S1. I WENT TO Norco because I have taken Vicidon for many year. Norco works very well for me. I take 4 10mg four times a day.

September 26, 2011 11:01 PM

Review by jmcpbrandys:

For Pain: My husband is prescribed 1 tablet a day in combination with Naprosyn. The combination does not give him full relief. He works in a steel manufacturing business that requires heavy lifting and he welds and is in awkward positions causing pain in his back. Diagnosed with arthritis.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate