User Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Also known as: Anexsia, Co-Gesic, Dolacet, Dolagesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hy-Phen, Hycet, Hydrocet, Hydrogesic, Liquicet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, Lorcet Plus, Lortab, Lortab 10/500, Lortab 2.5/500, Lortab 5/500, Lortab 7.5/500, Margesic H, Maxidone, Norco, Panacet, Stagesic, T-Gesic, Theracodophen Low 90, Vicodin, Vicodin ES, Vicodin HP, Xodol, Zamicet, Zolvit, Zydone

Learn more about Acetaminophen/hydrocodone.

Cough 15 reviews 734 medications

Pain 368 reviews 908 medications

Summary of Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reviews 522 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Review by jmcpbrandys: User Rating:

acetaminophen / hydrocodone for Pain: My husband is prescribed 1 tablet a day in combination with Naprosyn. The combination does not give him full relief. He works in a steel manufacturing business that requires heavy lifting and he welds and is in awkward positions causing pain in his back. Diagnosed with arthritis.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 23, 2011 7:52 PM
Review by Addicted!: User Rating:

Vicodin ES (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I am 18. I have been using Vicodin for about a year now for migraines and back pain. My back problems started right after I had my son. I never experienced back pain or migraines until I had him. All the lifting him up and yelling triggered the issues! I was on a medication called "Bultab". It kept me awake all night, it was terrible. Thankfully I was written a prescription for Vicodin and it really helped.

September 22, 2011 9:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Doesn't seem to have much effect. Relief only lasts a very short period of time and I cannot take more before my pain is back.

September 22, 2011 12:37 PM
Review by SanMeGal: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Vicodin works great for migraines. I have had migraines for over 20 years and Vicodin and Lorcet Plus are miracle medicines. I can function at work and at home. I don't miss work, it does it's job of killing a migraine that could last me for days. I have tried everything to treat migraine pain and I can tell you that this medicine is wonderful. Love, love love.

September 21, 2011 10:41 AM
Review by ACLHERXIISS: User Rating:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I am a female, 20 years old and have been on Vicodin since I was 17 years old. I had an accident in '07 and had major health issues and found that I have Scleroderma (a hardening of the skin and tissues) and it had caused me to have mild arthritis through my body. This year I found out I have full nerve damage in my left leg and it's completely numb. This is caused from an 8mm herniated disc in my L4. My doctor bumped me up to Norco and I must say it does work. At most I take 2 every 5 hours. But normally 1 and a half does the trick. Withdrawals are bad, BAD anxiety, depression (coming off and being on), also decreased sex drive and libido. But does work wonders for pain.

September 15, 2011 7:28 PM
Review by Sluggo6: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I recently pulled a lower back muscle trying to put a generator onto a cart at Lowes. The pain was not too bad so I carried on and tried to work through the pain (I have pulled it before) well that was a week ago. Yesterday I went to the gym to sit in the Sauna to help loosen it up, which it did but while walking out I stumbled and my back locked up. The spasm was bad. I managed to get home and I was able to stretch out, but this morning I started getting lower back spasms something fierce. I was unable to move without a spasm. Well right now, still on bed, but I am taking Vicodin (pain) and flexeril (muscle relaxer) I hope to be up soon. Thank you all for your posts. They helped me get through this nightmare.

September 15, 2011 5:23 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lorcet 10/650 (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: It helps moderate back pain. It's not good for severe or chronic back pain.

September 11, 2011 11:54 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Norco has been extremely useful in helping relieve my lower back pain. Now my doctor is switching me to Ultram though so we'll see how they compare in effectiveness.

September 6, 2011 1:27 PM
Review by jennpugli: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I take this medicine for the treatment of chronic pancreatitis. Its a good medicine and works well.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 31, 2011 3:01 AM
Review by KIMMY713: User Rating:

Lortab 7.5/500 (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: It's not strong enough for severe degenerative disc disease, bulging, herniated discs and worst of all the neck fractures/ twice and 18 years of no medical treatment. This is a great medication.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 24, 2011 2:50 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Good but not very effective for me (pain related to Lupus)..especially in low doses. I've never taken opiates before and with this I still find myself in pain. I do better with Toradol.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 22, 2011 9:33 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I have been on Norco 7.5/325 1-2 per day for around 2 years. I feel so much better being on it when needed. However, my doctor does not want to give it to me anymore and wants me to see a Pain doctor. If something is working to take away the pain just fine, then why change it? Hopefully, this doctor will understand.

August 22, 2011 12:10 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

acetaminophen / hydrocodone for Back Pain: I have worked in nursing most of my adult life. I live with chronic arthritic low back pain. My doctor started me on Hydrocodone 7.5/500 three times daily. This worked well for a while, but it seems I built a tolerance to it. My dosage was increased to 10/325mg four times daily. I have never liked the fact I must take medicines just to function, so I would try to avoid taking them, which would only make the pain nearly unbearable. Now I try to take them routinely so the pain does not get too out of control and it works very well.

August 21, 2011 6:53 PM
Review by t1: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I have had 3 shoulder surgeries in 16 months. My pain medications have been changed several times. I also have had gastric bypass, so this medication upsets my stomach a lot. I am working with my doctor to change me to something that protects my pouch and liver.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 18, 2011 1:31 AM
Review by MateoKC: User Rating:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I had a traumatic injury to my neck and shoulders about 7 years ago and didn't have proper treatment to repair the injury, so now I have constant moderate-to-severe pain in my neck/shoulder/back. Norcos really help a lot, but, as others have said, they don't last very long. I have to take 1.5-2 10/325mg tablets every 4 hours (at the most). WORST SIDE EFFECT: Constipation. By far. Since my back hurts all the time, the thought of going and playing sports is intimidating to say the least, so I don't exercise nearly as much as I should (I've gained 35 pounds since the accident and I'm 28 now). Overall this is a great medicine and one I would recommend.

August 13, 2011 1:58 PM
Review by traci lane: User Rating:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I have been taking Norco for foot surgery and it has been working quite well for me. I also have been reading other posts and found that this medicine works well for migraines too, I will have to try that.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 10, 2011 5:40 PM
Review by Garden Girl 1951: User Rating:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Norco just made me woozy and did not really help with the pain of my broken ribs.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 9, 2011 3:06 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I have chronic sciatica from wearing a gun belt for 15 years. This is the only medicine that helps me to live pain free. I have to work to support myself and try and save my house. If I am in pain I have to call in sick and then its downhill.

August 8, 2011 11:50 PM
Review by chloesmama: User Rating:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Norco has been a Godsend for me. I have a fractured spine. When my injury was first diagnosed, I was put on Dilaudid. I hated the feeling it gave me (e.g. dizziness; feeling hyper) Norco has been 100 times better and I have been on this medication since 2008.

August 6, 2011 12:08 AM
Review by Double Hipster: User Rating:

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I started this medication when I had my right hip replaced. 4 months later I had my left hip replaced. My doctor told me to take it as directed. Apparently, it not only relieves pain, but also prevents pain. He said that once I experience pain, it helps to relieve it, but if I take it before I feel pain (we knew I'd experience pain right after surgery) it would prevent it. I found this advise to be right on the mark. At first, I thought I could live without narcotic pain relievers, but it really worked to prevent the pain. Once you feel the pain, you're just trying to catch up.

August 3, 2011 1:00 AM
Review by dwc61: User Rating:

Lortab 5/500 (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Mild dizziness, sometimes mildly nauseous which soon settles as the pain eases.

July 26, 2011 2:44 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

acetaminophen / hydrocodone for Pain: This medicine is great. I take 7.5/750mg 2 times a day. Been taking for two years. It is still very effective for me.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 25, 2011 5:40 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

acetaminophen / hydrocodone for Back Pain: Great pain relief but gave me stomach pain and nausea.

July 25, 2011 5:52 AM
Review by Larrk: User Rating:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Vicodin is an excellent pain killer for oral or any kind of surgery to bring home. It doesn't make me sick to my stomach the way some other pain pills do. I have Fibromyalgia and CFS and took it for that type of pain but it was too short acting and I needed to keep increasing the dose. It also has a lot of Tylenol in it for long term use which can damage the liver so I'm on something else now for my Fibromyalgia pain. It does the job very well for short term pain relief.

July 24, 2011 7:23 PM
Review by K T: User Rating:

Vicodin ES (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Working for a long time just don't take more than what is prescribed.

June 30, 2011 6:30 AM