User Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Also known as: Anexsia, Anolor DH5, Co-Gesic, Dolacet, Dolagesic, Duocet, Duradyne DHC, Hy-Phen, Hycet, Hydrocet, Hydrogesic, Liquicet, Lorcet, Lorcet 10/650, Lorcet HD, ...show all 31 brand names

Learn more about Acetaminophen/hydrocodone.

Rheumatoid Arthritis 16 reviews 362 medications

8.6
Pain 377 reviews 912 medications

Summary of Acetaminophen/hydrocodone reviews 538 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Acetaminophen/hydrocodone

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I suffered with a torn disc which eventually lost all the fluid at L5. So then I am left with a disc bulging way into the nerve, horribly painful. I dealt with it on my own for 8 months before going to the doctor. About a month after all the X-rays and MRI and shots and incorrect medicines they gave me Lortab... it was instant relief. They gave me 2 a day of 5 mg, that helped but wasn't enough. So I had a back fusion. The Norco works great. If the proper dosage is determined at onset it works wonders.

November 24, 2011 12:02 AM

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Norco is by far the only pain medicine I have tried and that actually worked for my back, neck and leg pain. For me there are no side effects, it just works. I suffered from depression due to the wide spread pain in my body but the Norco also has helped with that. I've taken it for 4 years and have had times off of the medication and it's tough but only because the pain returns and I become sleep deprived. It really is a miracle.

November 21, 2011 8:20 AM

Review by Mrs. Lissa:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I take 8 10/325 Norco and two time released Opana ER 20 a day and the Norco helped for years alone, I have bowel problems joint and back problems. I just want to have a normal day to get up and care for my family. I don't drink or abuse medicines but I'm thankful for what relief I get from my medicines.

November 12, 2011 3:08 AM

Review by Nancycatxx:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: It works great for my arthritis. I can be mobile enough to even go to work.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2011 9:27 PM

Review by jezzy 103:

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Headaches: Problem solver.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2011 11:30 AM

Review by mugsy1340:

For Pain: I was prescribed this medication for pain management after lithotripsy surgery for multiple kidney stones, and it worked exactly as prescribed - knocked me out and killed the pain. BUT - after 3 days using this medicine, I was extremely constipated - even though I was eating very little and drinking large amounts of water to help me pass the remaining stones. I'm not talking about being mildly "backed up"; this was quite painful, and I was unable to sit or lie down comfortably. It required a full bottle of magnesium citrate to resolve and if that hadn't worked I was heading to the ER.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 30, 2011 3:15 PM

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Dentist prescribed this after having 4 wisdom teeth extracted... this was a lifesaver. Not only did it help the pain but it made me feel really relaxed and I was able to sleep very well through the pain.

October 29, 2011 9:29 PM

Review by donothesit8:

For Pain: After a gastric bypass 7 yrs. ago, have required 5 major small bowel resections, tube feedings, TPN. Have had GI bleeds, ulcers, obstructions. Taking the Hydrocodone elixir 30 min. before a meal allows me to eat approximately 3-4 ounces of soft foods without doubling over in pain. It is like an exposed nerve in my gut without it. Also have to use a Fentanyl patch for long-term relief. Biggest mistake in my life was the Gastric Bypass. I went from 274 to 115 and am now underweight and still losing.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2011 5:00 AM

Review by that 1 guy:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I have been taking Norco now for about 2 months for severe migraines. It works great, it helps me finally get sleep and takes the pain away.

October 18, 2011 3:21 PM

Vicodin ES (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I had a root canal and something went very wrong. The procedure, for those not familiar is an infection at the very base of a tooth. I had swelling, intense pain in half my lower jaw along with numbness. This medicine worked well for the pain with minimal side effects, although I was very cautious driving and stopped medicines when going on major highways.

October 8, 2011 10:44 PM

Review by DragnSlyr:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: As a former Firefighter who suffered a back injury 17 yrs ago. The surgeons said surgery would not help and that I should stay on pain medicines for relief. I've tried them all. Norco 10/325 has been the best. I have been able to get a job and hold it, which has done wonders for my self esteem. To be able to return to the work force and lead a relatively normal life. I can't do a lot of things but since being on Norco 10/325 for 4 years now I no longer suffer any depression and family and friends say I'm my old self again. I still suffer times where I have to slow way down but overall this medicine has been life changing for me.

October 8, 2011 9:21 PM

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Cough: Works great for cough.

September 30, 2011 1:10 PM

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Cough: Works great.

September 30, 2011 1:09 PM

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Cough: This medicine works perfect.

September 30, 2011 1:07 PM

Review by 96chanz:

Lortab (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Lortab 10/325 is a very effective medicine for scoliosis.

September 27, 2011 5:16 PM

Review by bulletbob:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I have had low back pain for about 20 years, had a disc bulge cut out L4-L5 now pinched never L5-S1. I WENT TO Norco because I have taken Vicidon for many year. Norco works very well for me. I take 4 10mg four times a day.

September 26, 2011 11:01 PM

Review by jmcpbrandys:

For Pain: My husband is prescribed 1 tablet a day in combination with Naprosyn. The combination does not give him full relief. He works in a steel manufacturing business that requires heavy lifting and he welds and is in awkward positions causing pain in his back. Diagnosed with arthritis.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 23, 2011 7:52 PM

Review by Addicted!:

Vicodin ES (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I am 18. I have been using Vicodin for about a year now for migraines and back pain. My back problems started right after I had my son. I never experienced back pain or migraines until I had him. All the lifting him up and yelling triggered the issues! I was on a medication called "Bultab". It kept me awake all night, it was terrible. Thankfully I was written a prescription for Vicodin and it really helped.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2011 9:39 PM

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Doesn't seem to have much effect. Relief only lasts a very short period of time and I cannot take more before my pain is back.

September 22, 2011 12:37 PM

Review by SanMeGal:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: Vicodin works great for migraines. I have had migraines for over 20 years and Vicodin and Lorcet Plus are miracle medicines. I can function at work and at home. I don't miss work, it does it's job of killing a migraine that could last me for days. I have tried everything to treat migraine pain and I can tell you that this medicine is wonderful. Love, love love.

September 21, 2011 10:41 AM

Review by ACLHERXIISS:

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: I am a female, 20 years old and have been on Vicodin since I was 17 years old. I had an accident in '07 and had major health issues and found that I have Scleroderma (a hardening of the skin and tissues) and it had caused me to have mild arthritis through my body. This year I found out I have full nerve damage in my left leg and it's completely numb. This is caused from an 8mm herniated disc in my L4. My doctor bumped me up to Norco and I must say it does work. At most I take 2 every 5 hours. But normally 1 and a half does the trick. Withdrawals are bad, BAD anxiety, depression (coming off and being on), also decreased sex drive and libido. But does work wonders for pain.

September 15, 2011 7:28 PM

Review by Sluggo6:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I recently pulled a lower back muscle trying to put a generator onto a cart at Lowes. The pain was not too bad so I carried on and tried to work through the pain (I have pulled it before) well that was a week ago. Yesterday I went to the gym to sit in the Sauna to help loosen it up, which it did but while walking out I stumbled and my back locked up. The spasm was bad. I managed to get home and I was able to stretch out, but this morning I started getting lower back spasms something fierce. I was unable to move without a spasm. Well right now, still on bed, but I am taking Vicodin (pain) and flexeril (muscle relaxer) I hope to be up soon. Thank you all for your posts. They helped me get through this nightmare.

September 15, 2011 5:23 PM

Lorcet 10/650 (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: It helps moderate back pain. It's not good for severe or chronic back pain.

September 11, 2011 11:54 PM

Norco (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Back Pain: Norco has been extremely useful in helping relieve my lower back pain. Now my doctor is switching me to Ultram though so we'll see how they compare in effectiveness.

September 6, 2011 1:27 PM

Review by jennpugli:

Vicodin (acetaminophen / hydrocodone) for Pain: I take this medicine for the treatment of chronic pancreatitis. Its a good medicine and works well.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate