Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Acetaminophen/codeine

Also known as: Aceta w/ Codeine, Capital w/Codeine, Capital with Codeine Suspension, Cocet, Cocet Plus, Codrix, EZ III, Phenaphen with Codeine, Tylenol with Codeine, Tylenol with Codeine #2, Tylenol with Codeine #3, Tylenol with Codeine #4, Vopac

Learn more about Acetaminophen/codeine.

Acetaminophen/codeine review summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1814 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Acetaminophen/codeine to treat Pain

Review by petey10 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): I developed severe lower back nerve pain which became almost intolerable and severely limited range of motion could barely walk. I was prescribed Tylenol 3, 2 tablets every 4 hours; the first day it worked great but then next day I was vomiting and became severely constipated, doctor switched me to Celebrex which did little for the pain. Trying the Tylenol with stool softener, drinking more water hoping I don't get nauseated.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 13, 2014 2:46 AM
Review by Vsykes (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): Be careful do not to mix with alcohol. I heard a crash in the bathroom, I went in and found my friend lying on the floor. I asked, should I call 911 when my friend came to and said no do not call 911. I'm glad I was there.

December 30, 2013 6:08 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): Been using a couple times a week for 4 years for DDD pain. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. No side effects.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 3, 2013 10:08 PM
Review by daily chronic pain: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): I use several narcotics for the daily chronic pain I suffer from. Also I have glaucoma and uvetis which is an eye disease I also suffer from. When I run out of my Vicodin I use Tylenol 3 until I get my script filled. I think it works great, Love my Tylenol 3. With a daughter with special needs I need my pain controlled.

August 10, 2013 5:34 PM
Review by Root canal: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): This medicine worked too well for me, my dentist prescribed it due to a root canal, now I feel dizzy, nauseous, very sleepy. Pain is completely gone, but this worked way too well.

August 4, 2013 9:45 PM
Review by Notafanofcodiene:):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): Went to ER for dental pain, was given two Tylenol 3 tablets caused severe side effects. Very dizzy, nausea, shortness of breath. Not a fan of feeling "weird". Hoping it wears off soon.

July 6, 2013 3:38 AM
Review by Moose2610: User Rating:

acetaminophen/codeine: I take this for severe joint pain. Like I can't walk at all because of the pain. I take two sometimes 3 codeine tablets (60mg) or (90mg) of codeine and it works within an hour, making it okay to walk again. It does however make me feel very, very drowsy and light headed and I'm not really with it at all but it is wonderful for relieving the pain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 6, 2013 2:05 PM
Review by Emmieeee: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): I have "loose shoulders" and my doctor perscribed this to me. I am 14 and it feels kind of weird as it is my first pain medication other that ibuprofen. It works rather quickly and subsides some pain but not all. Also makes me drowsy, so I only take it at night.

April 13, 2013 11:19 PM
Review by Zigfried: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): Used for uveitis/glaucoma surgery. Good for very minor discomfort, but makes me tired. I seemingly have more relief with 400 mg, Motrin.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 10, 2012 5:18 PM
Review by Jay123123123123232: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): I have very swollen lymph nodes in my neck, causing headaches, jaw pain, and swelling. I take 2 pills at once every eight hours and it takes about an hour to kick in, and it lasts about an additional 6 to 7 hours.

October 26, 2012 6:00 PM
Review by MileHighBrandon (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): I am still in tears from my wisdom teeth popping in, and I was prescribed this medicine which does NOTHING at all for my pain. Aleve helps a little, but I stopped taking these as it don't work.

June 26, 2012 2:00 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): Little to no relief for knee pain!

June 1, 2012 12:31 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): Had dental work done and my dentist had me on these. I had to take 2 at a time just to take the edge off, was not happy. Had to add other types of medicines for relief.

March 27, 2012 10:20 AM
Review by jgx: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): Was prescribed Tylenol #3 after double tooth extractions. The pain was handled well. Dosage on the bottle was for every 6 hours, but was told. again by the dentist, that I could take it at 5 hour intervals if needed. Was only prescribed 14 pills for short term use only. Served it's purpose well. After 2 days, all that was left was soreness from the procedure, and that was handled with over the counter Aleve.

March 19, 2012 5:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): I have broken bone. This helps a lot with moderate pain and makes that go away completely in a short amount of time, but the more serious pain is always barely relieved. All in all, it helps a lot.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 29, 2012 8:19 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): I am in severe pain. I believe I need 2 root canals. I went to ER and my doctor prescribed Tylenol 3. The dosage is 1 every 4 hours. Please believe me when I say the pain has not subsided AT ALL. I do not even feel sleepy. Even that would be some relief. I contacted the hospital about this and I have to go back to ER to be re-evaluated and pay another 800. The earliest I can be seen by my dentist is in another 14 days.

January 23, 2012 11:14 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

acetaminophen/codeine: I have to take this following surgery to remove hardware from my ankle, I thought that it would work and it simply did not. I don't even notice any difference after taking it, except maybe that I would like to throw up. I took a full dose and it never kicked in at all, I should be able to walk but due to the pain I can't even move. I really need something stronger, and this is coming from someone who has a really high pain tolerance.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 12, 2012 7:14 PM
Review by rusky: User Rating:

acetaminophen/codeine: I have been taking this medicine now for over 13 years. I used to take as much as 9 #4 a day. I now take only 4 pills a day. I get very bad pains in my feet because of being a diabetic, I have stopped getting pain by not waiting until the pain starts. It helps me sleep and most of the time it prevents the pain from starting.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 10, 2011 8:48 PM
Review by evermalace: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): I use this for my pancreatitis, NASH, and inflamed spleen. I have other health issues as well. Currently this works far better than Vicodin, or Darvocet. Those two did nothing for me with the pain, this at least takes the edge off, though. At times it does make me sleepy and drowzy at work.

September 26, 2011 5:02 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): I have suffered from chronic joint pain my entire life. After trying almost every non narcoticoption there is, I finally was prescribed Tylenol #3. I had been given Vicodin in the past by an NP (despite not really wanting it), and had not found it to be effective. The codeine though has made a huge difference. I haven't had any of the negative effects with it (stomach pain, dizziness, etc) but have gotten a huge amount of pain relief. It isn't extremely strong, it won't take me from a 10 to a 0, but it will get me to a bearable 1 or 2.

June 13, 2011 2:56 PM
Review by Quorrah: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): I was given this in the hospital after giving birth. It only dulled the pain. Still couldn't walk, turn over, etc. The sleepy side effect was good; it helped me relax.

May 10, 2011 5:56 PM
Review by Quorrah: User Rating:

acetaminophen/codeine: Dulled the toothache after my root canal infection got fixed. Did NOT take it completely away. I couldn't eat either. Made me too sleepy to drive and, possibly, grouchy (that could have been from the procedure too). Easy to use.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 10, 2011 5:53 PM
Review by laurie11: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine): Just took 1 300-30mg as a replacement for the Davorcet which was withdrawn recently. I used that sparingly and ran out a month ago. I have rheumatoid arthritis, "fibro", osteoarthritis among other health problems so I am in some sort of constant pain daily. My Doctor is very conservative about giving me prescription pain medicine so I am to cut in half and take no more than a grand total of 1 pill a day. Not sure he understands my pain but I have to follow his orders. I have to save this for my most severe days and when I absolutely have to get things done. Use Excedrin migraine and Advil on other days.

March 2, 2011 6:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

acetaminophen/codeine: I have a terrible toothache and the only thing this medicine did was make me a little tired. I am going to the dentist tomorrow but for now I am still in pain.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 10, 2011 3:05 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Tylenol with Codeine #4 (acetaminophen / codeine): I use Tylenol #4 for moderate abdominal pain caused from endometriosis. This medication doesn't completely stop the pain but makes it easier to function normally. The best thing about it it starts working so quickly after I take it. Other medications I have tried like Vicodin does not work as quickly or effectively.

January 8, 2011 1:46 PM