User Reviews for Acetaminophen/codeine

Also known as: Aceta w/ Codeine, Capital w/Codeine, Capital with Codeine Suspension, Cocet, Cocet Plus, Codrix, EZ III, Phenaphen with Codeine, Tylenol with Codeine, Tylenol with Codeine #2, Tylenol with Codeine #3, Tylenol with Codeine #4, Vopac

Learn more about Acetaminophen/codeine.

Osteoarthritis 3 reviews 366 medications

6.3
Summary of Acetaminophen/codeine reviews 51 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Acetaminophen/codeine

Review by slowmo33:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Cough: I have found this medication has done wonders on my cough since I have been taking it and nothing else seem to work as well

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 5, 2014 10:53 AM

Review by Lucia1999 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I prefer Tylenol number 3 for pain. Vicodin made me sick. It is also very cost effective.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2014 1:24 PM

Review by BreeB (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: My husband and I suffered the loss of our baby (7/2/14) and I needed a D&C the following day due to severe blood loss and I was on Percocet 5/325's for 1 week and then lowered to Vicodin 5/325's and I went to my FP and he prescribed Tylenol 3's for my menstrual cramps. He said to take it with 3-4 ibuprofen. Tylenol 3's hardly ever work for me. When taken in combination together, they work great.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 27, 2014 1:44 PM

Review by Melijerry13 (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Had a bout of awful Strep Throat , pain in my left side of throat as well as left ear , excruciating pain for me to swallow! Doc first prescribed Naproxen , didn't do nothing for me except make me want to vomit and stay nauseous after I'd even try to eat something, prescribed me some Tylenol 3 with codeine and within 30 mins of having a moderately somewhat full tummy I feel the great effects of it already, less pain, but will be using until my Strep has cleared and pain has gone so we will see if the effect still lasts after a few days!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2014 4:17 PM

Review by petey10 (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I developed severe lower back nerve pain which became almost intolerable and severely limited range of motion could barely walk. I was prescribed Tylenol 3, 2 tablets every 4 hours; the first day it worked great but then next day I was vomiting and became severely constipated, doctor switched me to Celebrex which did little for the pain. Trying the Tylenol with stool softener, drinking more water hoping I don't get nauseated.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 13, 2014 2:46 AM

Review by L. Nelson (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Cough: This seemed to work for a recent bout with the flu and bronchitis. Everything hurt from head to toe. 1 pill in the morning and 1 at night worked wonders. The drowsiness is manageable and the ability to function normally was present. I'd recommend for aches and pains from flu and hard coughing.

February 5, 2014 2:21 AM

Review by Vsykes (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Be careful do not to mix with alcohol. I heard a crash in the bathroom, I went in and found my friend lying on the floor. I asked, should I call 911 when my friend came to and said no do not call 911. I'm glad I was there.

December 30, 2013 6:08 AM

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Been using a couple times a week for 4 years for DDD pain. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. No side effects.

November 3, 2013 10:08 PM

Review by jonas de luc (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis had destroyed my quality of life and Tylenol 4s have brought it back.

September 9, 2013 7:16 AM

Review by daily chronic pain:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I use several narcotics for the daily chronic pain I suffer from. Also I have glaucoma and uvetis which is an eye disease I also suffer from. When I run out of my Vicodin I use Tylenol 3 until I get my script filled. I think it works great, Love my Tylenol 3. With a daughter with special needs I need my pain controlled.

August 10, 2013 5:34 PM

Review by Root canal:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: This medicine worked too well for me, my dentist prescribed it due to a root canal, now I feel dizzy, nauseous, very sleepy. Pain is completely gone, but this worked way too well.

August 4, 2013 9:45 PM

Review by dirk-davy:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Osteoarthritis: I take 4 or 5 Tylenol # 3's per day. Seems to work for my neck and shoulder at about a factor of 80%. Also helps a bit with being bummed out and also with minor depression. Hope this helps. P.S. I like this better than Vicodin. Vicodin gives me a headache, for some reason.

July 15, 2013 8:37 PM

Review by Notafanofcodiene:):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Went to ER for dental pain, was given two Tylenol 3 tablets caused severe side effects. Very dizzy, nausea, shortness of breath. Not a fan of feeling "weird". Hoping it wears off soon.

July 6, 2013 3:38 AM

Review by Moose2610:

For Pain: I take this for severe joint pain. Like I can't walk at all because of the pain. I take two sometimes 3 codeine tablets (60mg) or (90mg) of codeine and it works within an hour, making it okay to walk again. It does however make me feel very, very drowsy and light headed and I'm not really with it at all but it is wonderful for relieving the pain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 6, 2013 2:05 PM

Review by Emmieeee:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I have "loose shoulders" and my doctor perscribed this to me. I am 14 and it feels kind of weird as it is my first pain medication other that ibuprofen. It works rather quickly and subsides some pain but not all. Also makes me drowsy, so I only take it at night.

April 13, 2013 11:19 PM

Review by Zigfried:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Used for uveitis/glaucoma surgery. Good for very minor discomfort, but makes me tired. I seemingly have more relief with 400 mg, Motrin.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2012 5:18 PM

Review by Jay123123123123232:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I have very swollen lymph nodes in my neck, causing headaches, jaw pain, and swelling. I take 2 pills at once every eight hours and it takes about an hour to kick in, and it lasts about an additional 6 to 7 hours.

October 26, 2012 6:00 PM

Review by Pegleg13 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Osteoarthritis: It does take the edge off the pain. Taken every 6 hours, the effects weaken and pain returns after 6-5 hours. Side effects can be dizziness so do not operate a vehicle, etc. another side effect can be constipation if taken for more than several days. An OTC stool softener is recommended by my doctor.

October 22, 2012 3:59 PM

Review by MileHighBrandon (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I am still in tears from my wisdom teeth popping in, and I was prescribed this medicine which does NOTHING at all for my pain. Aleve helps a little, but I stopped taking these as it don't work.

June 26, 2012 2:00 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Little to no relief for knee pain!

June 1, 2012 12:31 AM

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Cough: This is the only medication I have found to help with a chronic cough after a cold or respiratory infection. It makes me a little sleepy if I take it during the day, but I can function with little coughing.

April 2, 2012 5:54 PM

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Had dental work done and my dentist had me on these. I had to take 2 at a time just to take the edge off, was not happy. Had to add other types of medicines for relief.

March 27, 2012 10:20 AM

Review by jgx:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Was prescribed Tylenol #3 after double tooth extractions. The pain was handled well. Dosage on the bottle was for every 6 hours, but was told. again by the dentist, that I could take it at 5 hour intervals if needed. Was only prescribed 14 pills for short term use only. Served it's purpose well. After 2 days, all that was left was soreness from the procedure, and that was handled with over the counter Aleve.

March 19, 2012 5:12 PM

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I have broken bone. This helps a lot with moderate pain and makes that go away completely in a short amount of time, but the more serious pain is always barely relieved. All in all, it helps a lot.

January 29, 2012 8:19 AM

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I am in severe pain. I believe I need 2 root canals. I went to ER and my doctor prescribed Tylenol 3. The dosage is 1 every 4 hours. Please believe me when I say the pain has not subsided AT ALL. I do not even feel sleepy. Even that would be some relief. I contacted the hospital about this and I have to go back to ER to be re-evaluated and pay another 800. The earliest I can be seen by my dentist is in another 14 days.

January 23, 2012 11:14 PM