User Reviews for Acetaminophen/codeine

Also known as: Aceta w/ Codeine, Capital w/Codeine, Capital with Codeine Suspension, Cocet, Cocet Plus, Codrix, EZ III, Phenaphen with Codeine, Tylenol with Codeine, Tylenol with Codeine #2, Tylenol with Codeine #3, Tylenol with Codeine #4, Vopac

Learn more about Acetaminophen/codeine.

Osteoarthritis 3 reviews 363 medications

8.7
Cough 7 reviews 770 medications

Pain 46 reviews 926 medications

6.1
Summary of Acetaminophen/codeine reviews 56 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Acetaminophen/codeine

Review by Dimpiam (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Cough: Tylenol with codeine #3 does not work for my cough due to bronchitis. I took the meds as prescribed for two weeks. Never worked.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2015 6:45 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Got my wisdom tooth removed. I had a surgical procedure because my tooth was impacted. I had to take 3 pills within 6 hours. It barely worked, the side of my face is still throbbing and in pain. I couldn't take more because of the acetaminophen. Going back to the dentist tomorrow to get something stronger instead.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2015 10:36 PM

Review by Lhp Crook:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I ended up falling off some stairs and had to get stitches, staples on my HEAD.. I got these pills for my pain and I got to say; They Working Great.. A1..

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2015 3:38 AM

Review by Mrs Wolfe:

Tylenol with Codeine #4 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I have been taken hydrocodone for years. My doctor wanted me to try the Tylenol 4. It did absolute nothing for the pain at all. He switched me back to the hydrocodone.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2014 12:21 AM

Review by A.W.:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I was quite sore from excessive coughing from an up and down bout with the flu. Took one Tylenol 3 tab as prescribed and was actually able to sit up and move around in bed with no pain. However, it did make me slightly dizzy with mild stomach upset. I would not take it when I have to be up and about. Took it at night anyway so I could rest. I can live with the side effects since it's nighttime and I'm in bed anyway.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 20, 2014 8:58 PM

Review by slowmo33:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Cough: I have found this medication has done wonders on my cough since I have been taking it and nothing else seem to work as well

October 5, 2014 10:53 AM

Review by Lucia1999 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I prefer Tylenol number 3 for pain. Vicodin made me sick. It is also very cost effective.

August 5, 2014 1:24 PM

Review by BreeB (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: My husband and I suffered the loss of our baby (7/2/14) and I needed a D&C the following day due to severe blood loss and I was on Percocet 5/325's for 1 week and then lowered to Vicodin 5/325's and I went to my FP and he prescribed Tylenol 3's for my menstrual cramps. He said to take it with 3-4 ibuprofen. Tylenol 3's hardly ever work for me. When taken in combination together, they work great.

July 27, 2014 1:44 PM

Review by Melijerry13 (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Had a bout of awful Strep Throat , pain in my left side of throat as well as left ear , excruciating pain for me to swallow! Doc first prescribed Naproxen , didn't do nothing for me except make me want to vomit and stay nauseous after I'd even try to eat something, prescribed me some Tylenol 3 with codeine and within 30 mins of having a moderately somewhat full tummy I feel the great effects of it already, less pain, but will be using until my Strep has cleared and pain has gone so we will see if the effect still lasts after a few days!

June 7, 2014 4:17 PM

Review by petey10 (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I developed severe lower back nerve pain which became almost intolerable and severely limited range of motion could barely walk. I was prescribed Tylenol 3, 2 tablets every 4 hours; the first day it worked great but then next day I was vomiting and became severely constipated, doctor switched me to Celebrex which did little for the pain. Trying the Tylenol with stool softener, drinking more water hoping I don't get nauseated.

April 13, 2014 2:46 AM

Review by L. Nelson (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Cough: This seemed to work for a recent bout with the flu and bronchitis. Everything hurt from head to toe. 1 pill in the morning and 1 at night worked wonders. The drowsiness is manageable and the ability to function normally was present. I'd recommend for aches and pains from flu and hard coughing.

February 5, 2014 2:21 AM

Review by Vsykes (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Be careful do not to mix with alcohol. I heard a crash in the bathroom, I went in and found my friend lying on the floor. I asked, should I call 911 when my friend came to and said no do not call 911. I'm glad I was there.

December 30, 2013 6:08 AM

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Been using a couple times a week for 4 years for DDD pain. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. No side effects.

November 3, 2013 10:08 PM

Review by jonas de luc (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis had destroyed my quality of life and Tylenol 4s have brought it back.

September 9, 2013 7:16 AM

Review by daily chronic pain:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I use several narcotics for the daily chronic pain I suffer from. Also I have glaucoma and uvetis which is an eye disease I also suffer from. When I run out of my Vicodin I use Tylenol 3 until I get my script filled. I think it works great, Love my Tylenol 3. With a daughter with special needs I need my pain controlled.

August 10, 2013 5:34 PM

Review by Root canal:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: This medicine worked too well for me, my dentist prescribed it due to a root canal, now I feel dizzy, nauseous, very sleepy. Pain is completely gone, but this worked way too well.

August 4, 2013 9:45 PM

Review by dirk-davy:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Osteoarthritis: I take 4 or 5 Tylenol # 3's per day. Seems to work for my neck and shoulder at about a factor of 80%. Also helps a bit with being bummed out and also with minor depression. Hope this helps. P.S. I like this better than Vicodin. Vicodin gives me a headache, for some reason.

July 15, 2013 8:37 PM

Review by Notafanofcodiene:):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Went to ER for dental pain, was given two Tylenol 3 tablets caused severe side effects. Very dizzy, nausea, shortness of breath. Not a fan of feeling "weird". Hoping it wears off soon.

July 6, 2013 3:38 AM

Review by Moose2610:

For Pain: I take this for severe joint pain. Like I can't walk at all because of the pain. I take two sometimes 3 codeine tablets (60mg) or (90mg) of codeine and it works within an hour, making it okay to walk again. It does however make me feel very, very drowsy and light headed and I'm not really with it at all but it is wonderful for relieving the pain.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 6, 2013 2:05 PM

Review by Emmieeee:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I have "loose shoulders" and my doctor perscribed this to me. I am 14 and it feels kind of weird as it is my first pain medication other that ibuprofen. It works rather quickly and subsides some pain but not all. Also makes me drowsy, so I only take it at night.

April 13, 2013 11:19 PM

Review by Zigfried:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Used for uveitis/glaucoma surgery. Good for very minor discomfort, but makes me tired. I seemingly have more relief with 400 mg, Motrin.

December 10, 2012 5:18 PM

Review by Jay123123123123232:

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I have very swollen lymph nodes in my neck, causing headaches, jaw pain, and swelling. I take 2 pills at once every eight hours and it takes about an hour to kick in, and it lasts about an additional 6 to 7 hours.

October 26, 2012 6:00 PM

Review by Pegleg13 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Osteoarthritis: It does take the edge off the pain. Taken every 6 hours, the effects weaken and pain returns after 6-5 hours. Side effects can be dizziness so do not operate a vehicle, etc. another side effect can be constipation if taken for more than several days. An OTC stool softener is recommended by my doctor.

October 22, 2012 3:59 PM

Review by MileHighBrandon (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: I am still in tears from my wisdom teeth popping in, and I was prescribed this medicine which does NOTHING at all for my pain. Aleve helps a little, but I stopped taking these as it don't work.

June 26, 2012 2:00 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Tylenol with Codeine #3 (acetaminophen / codeine) for Pain: Little to no relief for knee pain!

June 1, 2012 12:31 AM