User Reviews for Fioricet

Learn more about Fioricet.

Headache 77 reviews 236 medications

8.9
Summary of Fioricet reviews 77 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Fioricet

For Headache: My son has suffered with severe migraines since the age of 8 when he was diagnosed with seizures. For the better part of the next 9 yrs. I had to watch him suffer because we were told there was nothing to be done other than diet, etc. No one wants to see their child suffer! At last we found a wonderful doctor who first prescribed Midrin, which really helped, but then of course insurance didn't want to pay for it anymore and suggested Fioricet. 2 pills at the most and I have my happy son back!

April 11, 2012 12:21 PM

Review by Misticoy:

For Headache: I have been suffering from headaches and shoulder strain for years. I finally found a medicine that works. For me it is like taking Vicodin without the grogginess. It takes the pain away and helps me relax. Finally a medicine that WORKS!!

March 16, 2012 8:36 PM

Review by Byjw82:

For Headache: I'm a migraine sufferer and allergic to the triptans, what is generally prescribed for migraine relief i.e. Imitrex and it's family, so my doctor prescribed Fioricet and it works great for me. I no longer have to rely on Excedrine and taking six of them to find relief. Two Fioricet and I'm typically good to go. The Tylenol content doesn't bother me because I was taking a lot more with the Excedrine. I'm also on 100mg of Topamax twice daily for control which is all I've ever found to work and I've been quite the guinea pig there.

March 9, 2012 3:03 PM

Review by renea67:

For Headache: It is the only medication I have found to really take care of my tension headaches. Works tremendously. You need to take it on the onset of your headache for it to work the best.

February 23, 2012 6:16 PM

Review by Nanny of 3:

For Headache: It is the best medicine for headaches caused by TMJ and degenerative disc diease. I usually never have to take the secound dose. I did at first but now I don't. Don't take it everyday only as needed. Works good for leg aches also.

January 23, 2012 10:26 AM

For Headache: I am 30yrs old. I started getting headache's when I was about 11 yrs old. This is the only medicine I've found that will help my headaches.

December 5, 2011 5:33 PM

Review by not disclosing:

For Headache: Fioricet is truly a wonder drug. I'm had migraines since I was 15 (27 now) and if you take it right when the headache starts, lay down for 30 minutes, you'll feel rejuvenated. BUT, Fioricet can cause rebound headaches (headaches that one gets when they are used to taking a medicine for a while), so while it may be hard to just take one pill when your head is throbbing and you have things to do, it will pay off in the long run. So try to alternate with other medicines in there so your body doesn't get used it. Because I rebounded from Fioricet which means I have chronic daily migraines = no fun. In conclusion, great medicine.

September 6, 2011 9:59 PM

For Headache: Helped tremendously with headaches but I am wary of how much Tylenol is in it. My doctor said no more then 4 a day. I take one because I worry about liver damage. It really takes my headache away but when it returns, I won't take another one. .

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 24, 2011 12:46 AM

For Headache: I take Topamax daily and Imitrex injections as needed. My Imitrex injections weren't working for me so my doctor prescribed Fioricet and it takes care of my headaches almost immediately.

July 30, 2011 12:30 AM

For Headache: I'm glad to hear after I have tried all other medicines others like me find Fioricet to be the most effective. I have taken as needed for about 17 yrs .. just relief from my headaches.

April 17, 2011 5:09 PM

For Headache: I fell back in 2007 and did a lot of damage to my neck and back. Since then, I've suffered tension headaches that are absolutely debilitating. I have to curl up in a cold, dark, quiet place and wait for them to end, like others, usually between 3-6 days. I've tried everything. Heat, ice, physical therapy, trigger point therapy, visualization, exercise, core strengthening, significant weight loss (100 lbs), relaxation techniques, psychologists, and medication after medication. I had a doctor prescribe Fioricet a couple of months ago. My headaches aren't "cured," but I can definitely function if I have to now. I only take them when I have to though. No withdrawal symptoms yet at all. I do get insomnia though.

February 8, 2011 12:47 PM

Review by Frisby0:

For Headache: Was prescribed Fioricet for my headaches that don't go away with regular means or my Toradol. I've had either woken up with or developed a headache for 2 weeks in a row now. The Fioricet seemed to make the headache abate so I didn't notice it as much the first day I took it but the headache was back the next day. So, it didn't work for me but it does make me not care so much and feel sleepy. As you can see by the other posts here, whether it works or not is a personal thing.

January 28, 2011 10:50 AM

Review by LKash:

For Headache: Chronic neck spasms and resulting headaches as well as sinus headaches. Works fairly well if taken ASAP. The caffiene content can keep you awake though.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2011 12:48 AM

Review by barnes821:

For Headache: I have use this medication for over 10 years as need. It takes some time for your body to get use to it but it takes care of my migraines faster than anything I have taken. I do use over the counter medicines to control the headaches that are not as severe or when I can bear it. I works great for me. It lets me continue living without the pain while managing the headache at work or on the go.

November 29, 2010 1:57 PM

For Headache: I am a 61 year old female and have tried everything out there for headaches since my late 20's. This is a wonder medication for me. I started using it in my 30's and is the only thing I can use and still function without being down in bed in pain.

November 19, 2010 1:56 PM

Review by QueenMab:

For Headache: I've had migraines since I was 12, they went away from the time I was 16 until recently at the age of 20. I've been hospitalized because they have been so severe this time around. Fioricet is the only thing that has any effect on my migraines, but it takes about two hours to even start to help. Even then, it'll only knock it from a ten down to a nine, or an eight if I'm really lucky. I have linked my headaches back to food allergies, which I'm discovering more and more of every week. I have to read every ingredient and prepare all meals myself, which is extremely difficult as a college student commuting. If you cannot find the source of your migraines, try eliminating malted wheat barely, MSG, sodium nitrate and chocolate.

November 7, 2010 11:24 PM

For Headache: I've been dealing with migraines nd atension headaches for 21 yrs and now sinus problems. OTC medicines will work for a short time but I'd have to take them throughout the day. Fioricet is the only thing that will help with all types of headaches for me. I've tried Imitrex, Zomig, Indomethicin, Toradol, etc. and Fioricet comes out ahead of them all. Now I'm on Topamax, Elavil, and Fioricet to control my headaches.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2010 2:01 PM

Review by R6Chick:

For Headache: I have gone through more medicines than I can count, looking for something that helps with my debilitating migraines. Recently my doctor prescribed Fioricet. What a relief to finally find something that works! The trick is to take the medication as soon as possible. If you wait until the migraine has gotten too far it does not help much.

June 30, 2010 12:27 AM

For Headache: I tried this medicine today with no headache relief. I did get drowsy and all of the muscles in my body were completely relaxed, however I still had the migraine. Per my Neurologist recommendation, I waited 2 hours before taking Indocin. Still no luck. The only medicine that I have found to stop a migraine is Treximet, however that has to be taken at the FIRST sign of the migraine. Anything later and it is too late. I am glad Fioricet works well for some people, but all it does for me is causes drowsiness and muscle relaxation. I wish I could get migraine relief from it.

May 13, 2010 11:23 PM

For Headache: I was originally given Fioricet after a spinal tap caused spinal headaches. I have a history of tension type headaches with pain starting at the base of the skull and then radiates upward. This medicine is the ONLY thing that works for me. Trouble is finding a doctor that will listen and give it to me. Doctors pass out Percocet and Vicodin, but seem to hate prescribing this medicine. Frustrating.

May 1, 2010 12:34 AM

Review by ABQMichaelT:

For Headache: Fioricet works within 15-20 minutes and you feel better than you would normally …. happy, awake, no headache, nothing can really irritate you and literally puts a smile on your face. Don’t eat them daily because they will start causing headaches and you will become tolerant and then they won’t work when you need them to.

April 26, 2010 3:17 PM

For Headache: I had Doctor give me Fioricet and told me to come back in 3 weeks to see if it worked for me, and it was the one thing that actually worked. So I went back in 3 weeks and he told me it was not part of a healthy diet and would not give me anymore. So really what was the point of the false hope. I continue to suffer at least 2 days a week from massive headaches. My stomach is gonna fall apart from all the over the counter medicines I take way too much of, for very little relief.

April 18, 2010 10:43 PM

For Headache: This is the only medicine I've ever found to actually work on my tension headaches. I have used it about 2 - 3 times a year for a few to several days in a row to knock out my headaches. This is my 'last resort' medication and for great reason - it works. As someone else posted, if this doesn't work, nothing is going to work. I'm so thankful for this medication.

January 23, 2010 1:36 PM

For Headache: I have been having headaches for about five months and the doctor prescribed me Fioricet and it does nothing for my headaches.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2009 8:57 PM

Review by harvo:

For Headache: I use Fioricet on regular basis and most of the time it seems to help.

November 4, 2009 3:11 PM