Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Fioricet

Learn more about Fioricet.

Headache 78 reviews 236 medications

8.9
Summary of Fioricet reviews 78 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Fioricet

Review by Aamandapanda86:

For Headache: I just took this medicine for the first time, I have had severe migraines for years. I can't believe how well this medicine is working already! I have chronic sinusitis, degenerative disc decease and TMJ. I also have braces and just got them tightened so I haven't even wanted to get out of bed lately. I am so excited I found this medicine, I can't believe I was never told about it before!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2014 1:38 AM

Review by Carmenita:

For Headache: Didn't even touch my migraine. I've tried just about everything for chronic severe migraines, including daily propranolol, Imitrex, Maxalt, narcotics, etc. Only Midrin has helped. Ran out and tried this. Didn't help. Didn't notice any side effects.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 12, 2014 3:18 PM

Review by Tsss (taken for 10 years or more):

For Headache: Fioricet is the only medication that will quickly and effectively get rid of my migraine/tension headaches. I've tried multiple other medications, treatments without relief. Without them I'm totally incapacitated, in bed, no lights, nausea and frequent emergency room visits. So far without signs of dependence, withdrawals or addiction. However I despise the looks or comments at certain pharmacies like you're an addict! Obviously these people have never experienced severe headaches.

September 30, 2014 6:15 PM

Review by meteoguy (taken for 10 years or more):

For Headache: I have had a lifetime of debilitating headaches, through which pricey neurologists have determined that I have 2 types of headache going on - though perhaps not at the same time. I have severe tension headaches, as well as heachaches with a significant migraine component (I see the aura - I can tell when those are on the way). Fioricet is a fundamental front-line treatment for the tension headaches, and with Fioricet, they usually do not develop into the severe (keep me in a quiet, dark room) type, which were MUCH more frequent without Fioricet. I fully endorse it in my case.

September 6, 2014 4:19 PM

Review by Migraine543:

For Headache: This medicine helps! I would say it knocks the pain down of a migraine from a 10 to a 3 very quickly. Not sure what I would do without it.

August 23, 2014 6:40 AM

Review by kitcat321 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Headache: Works wonders for my headaches. Started having stomach pain about 6 months ago that I haven't checked out (can't afford testing I expect to follow). But I also think I have an ulcer from stress - who knows. Point is, it took me 20 years to get a doctor to help me find a medicine that works. This does.

August 3, 2014 10:01 PM

Review by Galbusca1990 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Headache: Nothing else works. I only use it on the really bad, hormonal-induced headaches. Normally, my proactive regimen of meditation, acupuncture, exercise, hydration & supplements works. Acetominophen or ibuprofen along with stretching, ice and heat usually work once I get a migraine. But for the biggies, it's Fioricet.

June 27, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by lhilgenfeldt (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Headache: The best medicine for my migraines and headaches. I never leave home without it. I can take a pill and keep going.

December 3, 2013 6:32 AM

Review by nesegal (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Headache: Always gets rid of the migraine.

October 6, 2013 10:45 PM

For Headache: Have had migraines since I was in my 20's. Like many have said I was given Toradol, Cafergot, Darvocet, birth control pills, Elavil, Inderal and nothing worked. Have had to go to ER at least 2-3x yearly over the years. Twenty years ago I had a severe neck injury and closed head injury after a car accident and my migraines went from a monthly occurrence to daily. I was also given the nerve block shots at the base of the skull. My ER visits increased to several times a year. Finally, a co-worker who also suffered from migraines asked if I had ever tried Excedrin or been prescribed Fioricet. I hadn't, so I asked my doctor and he wrote a script for it. That was 20 years ago and I haven't had an ER visit since. I am 60 now.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2013 11:15 AM

Review by happy user:

For Headache: Have been using Fioricet when required for 4 years. I always go too long before taking it for tension headaches. Usually one pill does wonders and I can get on with my day. Will continue to use it as needed.

August 21, 2013 10:27 AM

Review by Ash45956 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Headache: It works! My doctor said to be careful of it though and NOT to ever take more than prescribed. Follow doctors instructions and works great for bad headaches.

August 4, 2013 1:02 PM

Review by tracy J (taken for less than 1 month):

For Headache: I have been suffering from Post Concussion Syndrome for 10 months. I was a prisoner in my own house and lived like I was 80 and I am only 43. I had to stop working, driving and going anywhere that I had to stand or walk. Last week, I went to a new Neurosurgeon and he prescribed Fioricet. I take 2 tablets every 4 hours, but as soon as it gets close to that 4 hr mark the pain comes right back. Luckily, it only takes about 15-20 mins before it kicks in. I called my Dr today and said I love this medicine. I finally feel like I am claiming my life back again. My only worry is that I am going to have to stay on this medicine for the rest of my life.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2013 1:28 AM

Review by preocupada (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Headache: Excellent for migraines. No side effects. My 15 years old also suffers from migraines and it works great for him too. Usually only one pill a day helps. Other times just two a day helps to completely get rid of severe migraine.

June 13, 2013 9:25 PM

Review by sweetpea 38:

For Headache: I have had migraines forever. I have had to go to the hospital and they would give me shots of Toradol, Phenergran and Dilaudid. It worked but it made me sick and my headache came back as soon as I finally woke-up. I had one that helped the most which was amitriptyline but I gained so much weight from it, I quit it and gave up until recently I went to the after hours clinic and they prescribed me Fioricet tablets 4 times a day for headaches. It's the best prescription ever and better it only cost 13 dollars and works 100% better.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 14, 2013 2:49 PM

Review by 5 months pregnant (taken for less than 1 month):

For Headache: I suffered severely from tension headaches. Finally I talked to my DR, he prescribed this. Took it for the first time today, no headache but I am sleepy.

April 24, 2013 2:38 AM

Review by Andie77 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Headache: I developed a tumor 6 yrs ago because of a temporary lack of oxygen and since then I have suffered severe, debilitating migraines that last for days. I've been through several neurologists trying to get help and have been on very strong medications that mess with my brain chemistry to little alleviating effect. The neurologist I currently have began giving me nerve block injections in nerve bundles near the base of my skull every few months. They are very painful & only last about 8 weeks, sometimes longer if I'm lucky. During my last round he gave me Fioricet to try to prolong the time between shots. I have to say it works wonders. I only take 1 and can actually function. If it returns I simply take another! That's all I need for weeks, at times.

March 19, 2013 3:48 PM

Review by Suzy2013:

For Headache: This is the only medicine that gave me relief from migraines. I've taken Imitrex, Toradol and Tylenol, nothing works for me accept Fioricet! It prevented me from going to ER visits for my migraines.

February 25, 2013 5:47 PM

Review by Mrs Uncoordinated (taken for less than 1 month):

For Headache: I had a severe concussion and was given Fioricet, after Toradol and something else wouldn't offer any relief. Talk about a miracle. Once it kicked in my headache was gone! One pill every 4 hours, but with my injury it seemed to wear off in about 3 hours and unfortunately it takes an hour plus to start working. I did sleep after each pill so maybe I'm just immune to the caffeine. Love this medicine, just wish it worked faster and lasted longer.

February 12, 2013 2:20 AM

Review by Reliefinally:

For Headache: I've had migraines my entire life. This is the only thing that has helped me. I have taken birth controls for years. I only take one Fioricet per day when I feel a headache starting and I haven't had a "migraine" since I started this medication a couple of weeks ago. This is my miracle pill.

January 24, 2013 9:13 PM

Review by JennaBrown:

For Headache: A very effective medication without unpleasant side effects.

January 1, 2013 11:54 PM

Review by farmertodd (taken for 10 years or more):

For Headache: I've been taking Fioricet for 40 years. I've had migraines for 53 years. I was 19 when it was first prescribed for me, before that, my life revolved around my headaches. Fioricet changed my life for the incredibly better. I'm third generation migraine sufferer, so I suppose there's an argument for a genetic predisposition. Up until I was 19, headaches were an almost daily occurrence since I was very young, lasting from 8 hours to days. So many things triggered them that I won't even begin to make a list. I am careful about the acetaminophen component, which seems to be the main potential negative health issue. Rebound headaches can also occur, but, it's nothing compared to the life enhancing benefits, at least for me.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2012 2:28 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Headache: I have tried everything, Imitex you name it but I always come back to Fioricet so I'm sticking with itl It works wonders I love it.

December 6, 2012 6:58 PM

Review by Hurtman2000:

For Headache: I'm new to the throbbing, headache life. Went to emergency yesterday after having had a headache that would not go away after it started 7 days from then. Chiropractor exam and such checked out. Eye doctor checked out. Was alternating between two pain medicines during that week in order to manage the pain. ER doctor prescribed me Fioricet. I'm keeping a log of it as I go...started with one pill so far to see how it went. Took first pill at 12:00am and 1 1/2 hour later the pain was numb enough to make me comfortable. This morning I took it again at 9:00am since the pain was starting again. 40 minutes later the pain is gone. I'm really liking this medicine so far.

September 7, 2012 12:53 PM

Review by Sparky the Wonder Dog:

For Headache: I suffered from tension headaches starting in my right temple and then manifesting in the back of my neck that would hang on for days--pain in the temple alternating between dull background to incapacitating twinges. Fioricet has been very effective in cutting my headache cycle short. It has been a God send.

June 29, 2012 2:53 PM