User Reviews for Fioricet

Learn more about Fioricet.

Headache 89 reviews 237 medications

8.9
Summary of Fioricet reviews 89 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Fioricet

For Headache "I have been taking fioricet for about a year now for migraines. And it works great"

crystal s (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 8, 2015

For Headache "Was prescribed this for tension headaches. It does something, but it makes me dizzy and light headed. It seems to start working nearly immediately (reduces the pain by like 50-75%), but after not too long the headache will start slowly creeping back over the course of the next few hours. I actually have a headache I've been attempting to treat with it right now and so far I've taken 7 pills over the course of 26 hours and it's still here."

dddddddddttt5tttttttt (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

For Headache "I had a spinal tap recently and unfortunately was in the small percentage of people that have spinal headaches from this procedure. I've had migraines forever but a spinal headache is by far the most debilitating experience. I was prescribed fioricet and was taking 2 every 4 hours it did nothing! I was back hospitalized the next day. So this may work great for migraines but anyone prescribed this for spinal headaches it does not work."

Ash05 June 27, 2015

For Headache "This Rx works wonderfully. I love that it doesn't make me jittery or nauseous. It works 98% of the time for me. Luckily, I was able to have my tablets coated, having a migraine and the bitter taste of the pill wasn't a very good mix. There are times when I have a migraine that comes in too strong and too fast and this tablet doesn't work.That's when I take my Maxalt. Although, I hate the after affects of Maxalt."

Works Wonders! May 22, 2015

For Headache "I am very anxious to take any RX meds. I have suffered with migraines for years. Finally my doctor told me to please try This and get relief! Why do I wait sooo long! It got rid of my migraine and I don't feel weird or goofy ;)."

IamAmy May 14, 2015

For Headache "I have suffered from migraines for as long as I can remember. Tried everything then my Dr. Gave me Fioricet and I love it gets rid of migraines when I'm out I will use Ibuprofen as I AM a recovering Addict and don't want to rely solely on this medicine to get rid of headaches. No more ER visits for this chick!"

diana rudolph March 30, 2015

For Headache "I switched to this after taking Midrin for some time. This works more quickly, has very little side effect, and all around is better. It works for about 95% of my migraines. Sometimes 1 pill and 1 OTC is enough, sometimes 2 pills are needed, and on rare occasion, 3 are necessary. I've never had a migraine that couldn't be killed given enough Fioricet."

TriangularMann (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 23, 2015

For Headache "Like many others, have suffered from tension and/or migraine headaches since I was a child (age 7 or so). My mother and father both had histories of tension and/or migraine headaches. I was prescribed initially fiorinal, around age 15, and then changed to fioricet by my neurologist due to upper gi problems (gerd). Until I had this medication prescribed, my life was controlled by my headaches. I can remember as a teenager, feeling that I couldn't be away from home for very long due to fearing a headache would come on. No child or adult should have to feel that way! I wish that all the physicians who are uncomfortable prescribing this medicine would read these comments! Thank you."

TensionHeadache (taken for 10 years or more) March 2, 2015

For Headache "MAGIC. I never leave home without at least two pills in my purse. I've suffered from migraines since I was 17 (23 now, not that long but long enough) and have been on almost everything. I've been basically turned away by two neurologists because they have nothing left to try with me. I refuse to take any kind of heavy narcotic unless I am forced to go to the ER and I was finally prescribed Fioricet and it worked like no other. Instead of having to drop everything I was doing when the migraine started to lay in a dark room I was able to take 1-2 pills depending on the severity and go on with my day like nothing had happened. It's absolutely amazing. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND"

KatelynnE January 11, 2015

For Headache "It is the best medicine that really works control my tension headache. One tablet is enough to make the discomfort go away in a matter of minutes. It is taken only when necessary. However, not all doctors recommend this med because it could be habit forming and might damage the liver. At times, there are doctors that over reacts even though you tell them that you only take it as needed and that you were careful. On the other hand, there are the smart doctors that prescribes it PRN as treatment for headache. "

ms tension headache January 8, 2015

For Headache "This works well if I take it when the Migraine is just starting. It will stop the migraine but I may still get a head ache but it wont be debilitating."

Darth Gigi (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 25, 2014

For Headache "I just took this medicine for the first time, I have had severe migraines for years. I can't believe how well this medicine is working already! I have chronic sinusitis, degenerative disc decease and TMJ. I also have braces and just got them tightened so I haven't even wanted to get out of bed lately. I am so excited I found this medicine, I can't believe I was never told about it before!"

Aamandapanda86 October 15, 2014

For Headache "Didn't even touch my migraine. I've tried just about everything for chronic severe migraines, including daily propranolol, Imitrex, Maxalt, narcotics, etc. Only Midrin has helped. Ran out and tried this. Didn't help. Didn't notice any side effects."

Carmenita October 12, 2014

For Headache "Fioricet is the only medication that will quickly and effectively get rid of my migraine/tension headaches. I've tried multiple other medications, treatments without relief. Without them I'm totally incapacitated, in bed, no lights, nausea and frequent emergency room visits. So far without signs of dependence, withdrawals or addiction. However I despise the looks or comments at certain pharmacies like you're an addict! Obviously these people have never experienced severe headaches."

Tsss (taken for 10 years or more) September 30, 2014

For Headache "I have had a lifetime of debilitating headaches, through which pricey neurologists have determined that I have 2 types of headache going on - though perhaps not at the same time. I have severe tension headaches, as well as heachaches with a significant migraine component (I see the aura - I can tell when those are on the way). Fioricet is a fundamental front-line treatment for the tension headaches, and with Fioricet, they usually do not develop into the severe (keep me in a quiet, dark room) type, which were MUCH more frequent without Fioricet. I fully endorse it in my case."

meteoguy (taken for 10 years or more) September 6, 2014

For Headache "This medicine helps! I would say it knocks the pain down of a migraine from a 10 to a 3 very quickly. Not sure what I would do without it."

Migraine543 August 23, 2014

For Headache "Works wonders for my headaches. Started having stomach pain about 6 months ago that I haven't checked out (can't afford testing I expect to follow). But I also think I have an ulcer from stress - who knows. Point is, it took me 20 years to get a doctor to help me find a medicine that works. This does."

kitcat321 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 3, 2014

For Headache "Nothing else works. I only use it on the really bad, hormonal-induced headaches. Normally, my proactive regimen of meditation, acupuncture, exercise, hydration & supplements works. Acetominophen or ibuprofen along with stretching, ice and heat usually work once I get a migraine. But for the biggies, it's Fioricet."

Galbusca1990 (taken for 10 years or more) June 27, 2014

For Headache "The best medicine for my migraines and headaches. I never leave home without it. I can take a pill and keep going."

lhilgenfeldt (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 3, 2013

For Headache "Always gets rid of the migraine."

nesegal (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 6, 2013

For Headache "Have had migraines since I was in my 20's. Like many have said I was given Toradol, Cafergot, Darvocet, birth control pills, Elavil, Inderal and nothing worked. Have had to go to ER at least 2-3x yearly over the years. Twenty years ago I had a severe neck injury and closed head injury after a car accident and my migraines went from a monthly occurrence to daily. I was also given the nerve block shots at the base of the skull. My ER visits increased to several times a year. Finally, a co-worker who also suffered from migraines asked if I had ever tried Excedrin or been prescribed Fioricet. I hadn't, so I asked my doctor and he wrote a script for it. That was 20 years ago and I haven't had an ER visit since. I am 60 now."

Anonymous September 30, 2013

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Headache "Have been using Fioricet when required for 4 years. I always go too long before taking it for tension headaches. Usually one pill does wonders and I can get on with my day. Will continue to use it as needed."

happy user August 21, 2013

For Headache "It works! My doctor said to be careful of it though and NOT to ever take more than prescribed. Follow doctors instructions and works great for bad headaches."

Ash45956 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 4, 2013

For Headache "I have been suffering from Post Concussion Syndrome for 10 months. I was a prisoner in my own house and lived like I was 80 and I am only 43. I had to stop working, driving and going anywhere that I had to stand or walk. Last week, I went to a new Neurosurgeon and he prescribed Fioricet. I take 2 tablets every 4 hours, but as soon as it gets close to that 4 hr mark the pain comes right back. Luckily, it only takes about 15-20 mins before it kicks in. I called my Dr today and said I love this medicine. I finally feel like I am claiming my life back again. My only worry is that I am going to have to stay on this medicine for the rest of my life. "

tracy J (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2013

For Headache "Excellent for migraines. No side effects. My 15 years old also suffers from migraines and it works great for him too. Usually only one pill a day helps. Other times just two a day helps to completely get rid of severe migraine. "

preocupada (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2013