User Reviews for Esgic

Learn more about Esgic.

Esgic Review Summary

9.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 287 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Esgic to treat Headache

"I love ESGIC for headaches. When I feel one coming on I can take one pill and it will wipe it out before it gets full blown. I only take it when necessary. A prescription of 30 will last me usually a year sometimes less, sometimes more. I hate the fact that they are going to take it off the market!"

Doodle63 April 8, 2014

"I had a migraine/headache for two weeks. I took everything over the counter nothing helped then I tried Hydrocodone it didn't help at all, then I tried my daughter's Midrin and it did take the edge off turning it into just a headache but it didn't take it away. I went to my Doctor and was giving an injection Imitrex and giving prednisone neither did anything, I went back to the doctor and was given Esgic that I almost didn't bother to get filled but the headache was still to much to deal with so after I took 1 pill my headache went away I could not believe it worked when nothing else helped. I also had blood work and a CT scan both that came back negative, so I have continued to take Esgic when required whenever I get a really bad headache or migraine."

basketball14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2014

"This medicine was actually given to me by a close friend, who also has repeated headaches that turn into migraines. It was amazing. I took 2 when I had a horrible, pounding headache. Within an hour the headache was reduced to mild and lifted all together after about 3 hours. I couldn't believe it. I called my doctor the very next day and asked her to prescribe it for me."

Joleta May 26, 2010

"I have used Esgic for 15 years and it really works for me. I was relieved to hear of Fioricet when I was just told that Esgic is now off the market! It is the only thing that cuts a bad migraine and also is a lifesaver for recent onset TMJ. Sometimes the tried and true old standbys work the best!"

miclen April 21, 2010

"Amazing. My doctor prescribed this with Phenergan to help with the nausea. Usually just half of each pill will stop an oncoming migraine in its tracks. If it's bad, I take the other half a little later. It's cheap and effective and the only side effect I've noticed, drowsiness, is pretty benign as side effects go, especially compared to most migraine medicines. Can't ask for better than that."

Anonymous October 26, 2009

"One Esgic tablet gets rid of my Migraine. I highly recommend it as it doesn't have any other affects on me such as feeling drowsy or hyper. Also the written side effects seem to be minimal. I take it when I can't function and unable to tolerate bright lights or noise. It does not impair my ability to drive."

JENWU September 28, 2009

"I have tried EVERYTHING and this is the ONLY thing that worked."

Shannon82 December 17, 2008

"It is the only thing that will stop my headache."

robbret April 22, 2008