User Reviews for Esgic

Learn more about Esgic.

Esgic review summary

9.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 283 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Esgic to treat Headache

Review by Doodle63: User Rating:

I love ESGIC for headaches. When I feel one coming on I can take one pill and it will wipe it out before it gets full blown. I only take it when necessary. A prescription of 30 will last me usually a year sometimes less, sometimes more. I hate the fact that they are going to take it off the market!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 8, 2014 10:51 AM
Review by basketball14 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I had a migraine/headache for two weeks. I took everything over the counter nothing helped then I tried Hydrocodone it didn't help at all, then I tried my daughter's Midrin and it did take the edge off turning it into just a headache but it didn't take it away. I went to my Doctor and was giving an injection Imitrex and giving prednisone neither did anything, I went back to the doctor and was given Esgic that I almost didn't bother to get filled but the headache was still to much to deal with so after I took 1 pill my headache went away I could not believe it worked when nothing else helped. I also had blood work and a CT scan both that came back negative, so I have continued to take Esgic when required whenever I get a really bad headache or migraine.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 20, 2014 3:28 PM
Review by Joleta: User Rating:

This medicine was actually given to me by a close friend, who also has repeated headaches that turn into migraines. It was amazing. I took 2 when I had a horrible, pounding headache. Within an hour the headache was reduced to mild and lifted all together after about 3 hours. I couldn't believe it. I called my doctor the very next day and asked her to prescribe it for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 26, 2010 1:52 PM
Review by miclen: User Rating:

I have used Esgic for 15 years and it really works for me. I was relieved to hear of Fioricet when I was just told that Esgic is now off the market! It is the only thing that cuts a bad migraine and also is a lifesaver for recent onset TMJ. Sometimes the tried and true old standbys work the best!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 21, 2010 7:47 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amazing. My doctor prescribed this with Phenergan to help with the nausea. Usually just half of each pill will stop an oncoming migraine in its tracks. If it's bad, I take the other half a little later. It's cheap and effective and the only side effect I've noticed, drowsiness, is pretty benign as side effects go, especially compared to most migraine medicines. Can't ask for better than that.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 26, 2009 7:02 PM
Review by JENWU: User Rating:

One Esgic tablet gets rid of my Migraine. I highly recommend it as it doesn't have any other affects on me such as feeling drowsy or hyper. Also the written side effects seem to be minimal. I take it when I can't function and unable to tolerate bright lights or noise. It does not impair my ability to drive.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 28, 2009 10:36 PM
Review by Shannon82: User Rating:

I have tried EVERYTHING and this is the ONLY thing that worked.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 17, 2008 9:46 PM
Review by robbret: User Rating:

It is the only thing that will stop my headache.

April 22, 2008 9:23 PM