User Reviews for Campral

Learn more about Campral.

Alcohol Dependence 91 reviews 7 medications

8.9
Summary of Campral reviews 91 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Campral

For Alcohol Dependence "I have been using Campral for 35 days and I am amazed at how it works. It worked immediately for me and I have absolutely no desire to drink again. I wish I'd known abut it years ago. I'm not an alcoholic but I was a terrible binge drinker. I don't miss the hangovers or the regrets one little bit."

Dizzy Di November 27, 2013

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alcohol Dependence "Campral has saved my life! I tried rehab and AA and was drinking again right away. The cravings controlled me and I felt panicked if I did not have money for my vodka everyday. I remembered a nurse in detox telling me about Campril. I was in The Orchid Recovery Center for women in Florida. I remember I was leaving recovery and I was nervous I would drink at the airport on the way home and I requested Campril, the Orchid said no that's a cop out do it on your own. Well screw them because I went back to drinking. Honestly rehabs would go out of business because Campral works! It started working on the first pill I swallowed! Cravings are gone I feel like me again! I drank everyday before! Now I don't miss it, want it! 8 days in no drinks! :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2013

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alcohol Dependence "I have been drinking heavily for the past couple of years now, and on most occasions 7 days a week. This was built up of a number of things, but the one thing I blamed the most was the stress at work. After speaking to my psychiatrist, and explained to him the level of drinking I was consuming, he suggested I use Campral. I was drinking approximately 2-3 bottles of either white or red wine each afternoon after work, and smoking about 20 ciggies during this time, however as of 6 days ago I have only drank once,(No smokes) and Campral seems to be working. For me it just help the slow down the urge to drink as frequently. If you do decide to drink while on Campral, look out for the hangover, it somehow makes you feel worse 10 fold."

touchdown79 October 28, 2013

For Alcohol Dependence "I have been an alcoholic for 25 years. Drinking between 5 - 7 pints of cider and up to two bottles of wine per night! I went to the Priory twice, the second occasion I went in they put me on Antabuse (when I went in to the Priory my Gamma GT was 50 and just before I came out my Gamma GT was 1600) Unfortunately I was one in 28,000 people to have a severe side affect from this tablet. I was desperate to try something else and was eventually prescribed Campral. I have been on this medication for almost two months and have no cravings for alcohol. I surprised myself walking past pubs and going out for dinner without that strong need for a bottle of wine or two!!"

10Kazza October 22, 2013

For Alcohol Dependence "In September 2004 I had been an alcoholic for at least 30 years and been attempting to control my drinking for 10. I was forced by my partner into taking Campral, I was sure it wouldn't work, that it was a waste of money, but after 5 weeks when I was being asked what I would like to drink I suddenly realized that alcohol no longer held any attraction for me that was 9 years ago today and I have never drunk, or even been tempted to drink since then. There is an open bottle of wine in the door of our fridge, there is plenty of other drink in the house, I see it, but am never tempted to drink, the strangest effect is that when I sitting with people who are drinking, I am not envious, I don't want to join them, I don't feel left out."

Mikkelrev (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2013

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alcohol Dependence "Been a heavy drinker for over 6 years since a major operation that left me addicted on morphine. Replaced morphine with beer and wine everyday. From day one of taking Campral, all my cravings went away. I just don't feel like a drink anymore."

Tig3r (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2013

For Alcohol Dependence "I have been taking Campral 333mg. Two tablets three times daily. And it is working like magic. I have been having no cravings whatsoever!"

CactusDave August 21, 2013

For Alcohol Dependence "Daily drinking for 20 years, been prescribed Campral 2 weeks ago. Don't know how this works but it does, no cravings. Did buy a bottle of wine after being on for a week but there was simply no pleasurable feeling, might as well be drinking water. Long way to go but maybe I might have just found something to help get my kids back."

somersetdan (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alcohol Dependence "I was prescribed this medication after struggling to stay sober. It's very hard to put my finger on exactly how it works, or how it makes me "feel" but the best I can do is to say that I feel as normal as ever, minus the cravings for alcohol! I no longer feel compelled to reach for alcohol, It just doesn't enter my mind anywhere as much. I am taking this as part of a comprehensive program (AA, individual therapy, medication management from a psychiatrist who understands addiction, etc.). It took a good 5 weeks for it to kick in for me but when it did I definitely noticed it. Home run! It's not a magic bullet but it's a BIG help for me!"

Eric212 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 30, 2013

For Alcohol Dependence "Can't ejaculate when having sex."

stricky April 14, 2013

For Alcohol Dependence "My psychiatrist prescribed Campral because I could not seem to get off the treadmill of daily black-out drinking despite years of trying. I've been taking it just over a month. I'm frankly astonished at how it immediately started muting my cravings. For the first time in years, I didn't feel compelled to drink every night, a very odd feeling! It's important to take all three daily doses. During week two I forgot to take my midday dose to work, worked later than usual, and stopped at the liquor store on the way home. I still work to stay sober - but overall it is enormously helpful."

anna4416 March 21, 2013

For Alcohol Dependence "As a heavy drinker for ten years, up to 750ml of spirits per night, I finally turned to the doctor for help, after losing my partner and suffering from severe depression. Campral has stopped the cravings and keeps that little voice inside my head that says just one at bay. I have been on it for nearly six months and haven't touched a drop. At first there were side effects of severe wind and dizziness, but they went away after about four weeks. If you are serious about making a positive change, give it a go."

Kyles (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2013

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alcohol Dependence "I was prescribed Campral 11yrs ago and being the 'typical drinker' thought it was simply another gimmick to increase the 'failed alky' guilt complex attached to the usual remarks which accompany any lapse in our plight. I'd been given 3 weeks to live due to the amount of alcohol I was consuming (9 litres of 7.5% cider, up to 8 cans of 10% strong lager and up to a litre of whiskey per day. My gamma GT tests showed 1299, the average being between 17 & 53. I'd become jaundiced, had serious liver disease, my health was shot to bits and I was ready to die. In fact it would have been a blessed relief. If I drank much less than stated in a day, withdrawal, fits and pain beyond belief set in. Campral was new and helped save my life. PRESCRIBE IT MORE, NOW, PLEASE?"

Still Trying! (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2013

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Alcohol Dependence "I have been drinking heavily for the last 12 years. It got to a stage that I would have a beer first thing in the morning and keep going for the rest of the day. I was sacked from work as I was caught drinking at work. After 2 rounds of acute pancreatitis, I decided to put an end to this habit as it was ruining my marriage and life. I was put on Campral by my GP and I have not had a drink in 35 days. No cravings. This is a very effective medicine, that is if you really want to quit and is willing to give Campral a go."

Robert k2314 January 8, 2013

For Alcohol Dependence "It does work, but you need to give it a few weeks to help with the cravings. I lost my partner, my friends and my licence. Thanks to finding out about Campral myself on the net, my life has turned full circle and I got my REAL friends and life back again. My side affects were gas and lightheadness. I can live with that."

Its finally over September 1, 2012

For Alcohol Dependence "I was a daily drinker for over 10 years and have been to 4 rehabs and AA. I just started taking Campral today and have completely lost the desire to drink. I can't explain why or how, I just simply don't crave or even want a drink. I finally feel like I can actually live without obsessing over drinking. I highly recommend this to anyone who is struggling with alcohol."

Anonymous February 19, 2012

For Alcohol Dependence "I am a 30 year old female. I battled with alcohol for many years drinking mostly 7 days a week. I am currently finishing a recovery program and asked my counselor about something to help with the intense (overpowering) cravings. She recommended Campral and I was able to get a prescription from my doctor. I have been on the Campral for 2 days now and can't even believe how well it is working. Now I can focus my time on being productive, rather than wasting so much time dwelling on the cravings. My mood also seems better too. Life feels good. Thank God for Campral."

Anonymous January 6, 2012

For Alcohol Dependence "Campral works very soon after taking it, and really cuts down on the withdrawql and cravings associated with quitting alcohol. However, as a man, I noticed immediate sexual side effects including lack of interest and difficulty reaching orgasm. I also noticed weight gain, when I normally experience weight loss when quitting drinking. Its almost the perfect medicine besides the side effects."

Bubba2133 December 18, 2011

For Alcohol Dependence "Unbeliveable. I have been in and out of AA for over 12 years. My doctor gave me Campral to try and it has had a huge impact immediately. That driving force in my head that used to take me to get a drink is gone. I spoke to my doctor today and asked if this was normal or was I imagining or talking myself into thinking it works and was told nope that's normal. It seems to work right away. So I went on line to read reviews and I am having the same experience, that inner voice driving me to drink is gone and when I try to think about getting a drink it seems like my brain is blocking that thought from going forward. Try it, you got nothing to lose and everything to gain."

Scott__ December 16, 2011

For Alcohol Dependence "I was a very heavy drinker for over 20 years, drinking over a fifth a day. I read a book called the alcohol and addiction cure given to me by my father. I then started seeing a psychologist for several months before entering detox for 4 days. When I left they gave me a prescription for Campral. I did not enter a program. I did go to AA meetings quite a bit for about a year and still go occasionally although I never went through the steps. I took the Campral for about 6 or 7 months. I believe it helped, but I think it was everything combined that helped me. I have been sober since July 11,2009. Good luck."

Glad to be ALIVE December 5, 2011

For Alcohol Dependence "My boyfriend is an alcoholic. He has been to treatment multiple times. He has suffered innumerable consequences. For the last year I have been on the roller coaster of trying to find a way to be understanding and so on. It's been so, so, so hard. For the past month he has been taking this and so far it's been amazing! No drinking. He says his cravings are drastically reduced. His libido has taken a hit, but I'll take that over living with an active alcoholic any day."

Heather Amanda November 25, 2011

For Alcohol Dependence "My husband was prescribed Campral about a month ago. The first day he had the prescription in his pocket he got trashed. Didn't even want to get the prescription filled. Said he was having "one last fling". When he takes the medicine, it seems to work, but he just doesn't take it most of the time. Since getting the prescription filled 10/28/11 he has had two major relapses. I think this medicine is great, but it won't work if the person won't take it! He needs this medication in a shot or something that he can't just "not take" if he wants to drink. Our family had high hopes that this would be the answer to our prayers- very disappointed in him."

Beer Hater November 17, 2011

For Alcohol Dependence "This medicine is a miracle. I am a daily pint a day, 100proof vodka drinker and this has helped me control my urges. A must try for someone with drinking problems."

trying2changein2011 November 16, 2011

For Alcohol Dependence "I've been on Campral for one month today and it has been great! No cravings for alcohol! It also takes the edge off and really seems to lift my mood tremendously. I feel balanced and in control of my life again. No bad side effects at all. AA, my higher power and Campral have given me my life back and it is getting better every day! Give it a try. I'm so glad I did!"

Anonymous September 26, 2011

For Alcohol Dependence "Sober a year 8-25-11. God, AA and Campral have worked. No cravings I couldn't handle. Together all have helped me have a new lease on life. Feel better, work has improved. Highly recommend this medicine if you want to quit drinking."

Bigbookthumper September 3, 2011