User Reviews for Orencia

Learn more about Orencia.

Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis 1 reviews 8 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 7 reviews 362 medications

6.5
Summary of Orencia reviews 8 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Orencia

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: My daughter started monthly Orencia infusions for her Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis about 3 years after being diagnosed. She had been previously taking Enbrel and Methotrexate injections weekly for 3 years. Her arthritis became more aggressive so her Rheumatologist started her on Orencia. (Continuing the Methotrexate injections). She got used to the infusion part rather quickly. She had no side effects at all, and the only problem we had was the occasional blown vein. Unfortunately, the medication did not prove to be effective for her. After 8 months of constant flare ups, oral steroids and steroid injections, we decided to change the medications again. There are however 2 other children we know that the Orencia is helping prevent flare ups.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 23, 2014 1:16 PM

Review by BW853 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Limited improvement after 4 months, developed bad rash and MD refused to continue medication.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2014 12:52 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: In UK had this on NHS for last 7 months. Improved within the first month and after a couple of months was able to dance at my sons wedding, something I thought I would never do. Thanks to the makers, it has changed my life. I'm back at work 20 hrs a week and don't ache for most of the month. Like others I do feel washed out for 2 days post infusion but its worth it for nearly a month of good health.

May 10, 2013 6:38 PM

Review by armorchick1:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I am on my 5th month of treatment and have seen some improvement in overall pain/discomfort, but still continue to have issues. I also have extreme fatigue the day after treatment. My doctor just increased my dose to the maximum to see if that works. I must take medication to sleep comfortably and medication to stay awake during the day. These medications interact. I supposedly have a mild case of rheumatoid arthritis and am still waiting to feel normal.

July 13, 2010 10:56 AM

Review by kunki:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: After the first week of using Orencia, I felt more energized. Before I would wake up feeling tired, and could barely move. I was stiff and could not go out to dinner, or to other places. Now I can enjoy my life much better, I'm not tired or stiff any more. I can do a lot more things that I wasn't able to do before.

October 7, 2009 7:27 PM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: This medication has been a life saver for me. My 22 month old granddaughter and her mother live with me and my husband. It is a job keeping up with her and without Orencia I can't even walk my pain is so severe. Thank You Orencia.

September 3, 2009 3:40 PM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I switched to Orencia couple months ago. I have had 5 treatments so far. Since I switched to Orencia, I noticed that there has been significant improvement with my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am able to sleep well again at night. I wake up not feeling tired, achy and stiff. In comparison to the other rheumatoid arthritis medications I have taken, Orencia seems to be working more for me. I am no longer sleep deprived and am able to do some chores that I have not been able to do such as opening a jar, door, etc. I experience tiredness after my treatment for one day, then up until the last few days of my next treatment, minor aches and stiffness are back. I am hoping that Orencia will the wonder drug for me and everyone.

March 15, 2009 2:38 PM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have had 11 Orencia injections now and have found the drug to be extremely beneficial for myself. Overall there has been a marked improvement with my rheumatoid arthritis. The infusion actually works up until the last few days and then I experience an increase in aching, swelling and pain. In comparison to all other drugs, and believe me I have tried just about all of them, this has been a 'wonder drug'. For approximately three days after having the injection, I experience extreme tiredness, but once that passes, I am able to return to work and carry out normal everyday activities; e.g housework and gardening. Prior to this medication I was unable to do general gardening.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2009 8:44 PM