User Reviews for Orencia

Learn more about Orencia.

Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis 1 reviews 8 medications

Rheumatoid Arthritis 18 reviews 343 medications

6.3
Summary of Orencia reviews 19 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Orencia

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Gave this drug a ten a few months ago but after just over a year it has stopped working. Now trying roactemra"

Northern girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 5, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Diagnosed 3years ago with RA in all major joints except right hip which is severe Osteoarthritis,I take Plaquenil & have tried Methotrexate, Gabapentin, Meloxicam, Arava had major side effects with each one. My Dr. decided to try a biologic. My first self injection of Enbrel caused an anaphylactic reaction almost killing me. I now carry an epi pen. I was scared but hopeful that Orencia would work. The first injection I litterally kept the Epi Pen in my hand. 2 hours after the first dose all 10 fingers turned a very dark blue-black color, as did my feet. My legs were a solid grey-blue color. 2nd injection same thing. Orencia was stopped. 2 months later I am still blue. NEVER AGAIN!!!"

A Rose (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Prednisone, plaquenil, mobic, sulfasalisine and arava weren't keeping my pain at bay and I was so tired, stiff and sore that I was struggling at work. My Dr Jenny decided to try orencia by self injection weekly and after a month I started to feel better and my inflammation levels started to go down. I am now off the plaquenil and prednisone and working an 8 hr day 3 days a week gardening and landscaping. I hope it continues, it saved my work life."

Jegerdy April 10, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Been on weekly injections since Nov 2011. Have had no side effects, no flare ups, no joint swelling or pain. Totally keeping my RA at bay. My insurance and Orencia co-pay covered the total expense but now since my insurance changed January 2016, they will not cover it and insist I try Humira. I cannot take methotrexate (kidney issues). I am terrified they'd rather let me die due to cost than give me what has worked for over 4 yrs! My doctor believes totally in Orencia & so do i! I think it's the BEST out there!"

Mild to severe RA (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 25, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "My RA attacked my lungs, turning my lung tissue into scar tissue, which does not expand. My first pulmonologist gave me five years. Then I changed Dr. And my rheumatologist & pulmonologist put their heads together, after I had 3 bad reactions to drugs, and decided to put me on Orencia infusions. I have been on it for 2 & 1/2 years. My lung damage has stopped. My lungs are not healing, but they are no longer getting worse. The rest of my body isn't receiving much relief, but I am thrilled about my lungs! If they are not getting worse, that means my 5 years is no longer counting down. Thank you Orencia! And my insurance covers my infusion clinic bill in full. I am still on oxygen 24/7 at a rate of 4 liters, which I have been on since 2012."

Jowinner (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 12, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have had severe rheumatoid arthritis and linked auto immune liver disease for four years. Nothing worked. I couldn't take methotrexate because of my liver. I have had steroids by the bucket load, sulfasalazine, azathrioprine, cimzia, simponi, rituximab, - nothing worked. I began orencia seven months ago and it has transformed my life. I am almost back to normal again (although anyone who has been through this will know that life will never be the same again!) and have had no unpleasant side effects. Amazing."

northern girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 1, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have taken 4 doses of the weekly self injections. At first I felt awful, nauseated and flu like systems, but now I feel wonderful. I don't hurt and it even has helped the shortness of breath I would get walking up stairs. I hope it continues to help and hope I don't gain additional weight as I have done with the prednisone. I have been on prednisone for over 6 months and have gained 10-15 pounds."

jvparish (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Was on Orencia for about 7 years. Never had any side effects. I'm now 65 and feeling younger than everyone my age. But Dr. went back home to another country and I've been off Orencia for about 6 months. I feel 10 years older because of the pain. Not only in RA joints but also where I have osteoarthritis. Also losing my grip and hand and wrist strength. Orencia was like the fountain of youth for me!"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 23, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Got an infusion of Orencia on a Tues for worsening RA symptoms. Wednesday, I had a severe headache that basically incapacitated me. Thursday morning, I woke up with the same headache, sensitivity to light and sound, and a stiff neck. I was unable to stand up without vomiting. ED doctor did lumbar puncture and told me I had viral meningitis. That experience has made me reluctant to try another biologic."

RA RN (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have moderate to severe RA. Diagnosed 1.5 yrs ago. Initially on Prednisone and Methotrexate; later added Remicade. Side effects were severe with fevers of "unexplained origin", night sweats, lethargy and dizziness. Swelling of hand knuckles and ankle joint unchanged. Consulting doctor at Johns Hopkins suggested Orencia plus plaquinil. I had already stopped taking the other meds. Benefit of Orencia kicked in after 4 months of infusion application. After 8 months I am now on second month of weekly self-injection. Swelling of ankle greatly reduced. Right hand knuckle swelling somewhat reduced, but still evident with accompanying stiffness. I have never experienced significant pain with RA, but MRIs show joint erosion in hands and ankle."

Nickdor March 18, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Severe back pain and also in neck, shoulders and arms started after being on Abatacept for about 3 months. More muscular pain than bone pain. Looking to come off it as its becoming problematic. I've been on 4 other biologic medicines and this was the most effective in getting flare ups under control."

emily0201 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 12, 2014

For Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis "My daughter started monthly Orencia infusions for her Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis about 3 years after being diagnosed. She had been previously taking Enbrel and Methotrexate injections weekly for 3 years. Her arthritis became more aggressive so her Rheumatologist started her on Orencia. (Continuing the Methotrexate injections). She got used to the infusion part rather quickly. She had no side effects at all, and the only problem we had was the occasional blown vein. Unfortunately, the medication did not prove to be effective for her. After 8 months of constant flare ups, oral steroids and steroid injections, we decided to change the medications again. There are however 2 other children we know that the Orencia is helping prevent flare ups."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Limited improvement after 4 months, developed bad rash and MD refused to continue medication."

BW853 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "In UK had this on NHS for last 7 months. Improved within the first month and after a couple of months was able to dance at my sons wedding, something I thought I would never do. Thanks to the makers, it has changed my life. I'm back at work 20 hrs a week and don't ache for most of the month. Like others I do feel washed out for 2 days post infusion but its worth it for nearly a month of good health."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2013

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I am on my 5th month of treatment and have seen some improvement in overall pain/discomfort, but still continue to have issues. I also have extreme fatigue the day after treatment. My doctor just increased my dose to the maximum to see if that works. I must take medication to sleep comfortably and medication to stay awake during the day. These medications interact. I supposedly have a mild case of rheumatoid arthritis and am still waiting to feel normal."

armorchick1 July 13, 2010

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "After the first week of using Orencia, I felt more energized. Before I would wake up feeling tired, and could barely move. I was stiff and could not go out to dinner, or to other places. Now I can enjoy my life much better, I'm not tired or stiff any more. I can do a lot more things that I wasn't able to do before."

kunki October 7, 2009

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "This medication has been a life saver for me. My 22 month old granddaughter and her mother live with me and my husband. It is a job keeping up with her and without Orencia I can't even walk my pain is so severe. Thank You Orencia."

Anonymous September 3, 2009

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I switched to Orencia couple months ago. I have had 5 treatments so far. Since I switched to Orencia, I noticed that there has been significant improvement with my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am able to sleep well again at night. I wake up not feeling tired, achy and stiff. In comparison to the other rheumatoid arthritis medications I have taken, Orencia seems to be working more for me. I am no longer sleep deprived and am able to do some chores that I have not been able to do such as opening a jar, door, etc. I experience tiredness after my treatment for one day, then up until the last few days of my next treatment, minor aches and stiffness are back. I am hoping that Orencia will the wonder drug for me and everyone."

Anonymous March 15, 2009

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have had 11 Orencia injections now and have found the drug to be extremely beneficial for myself. Overall there has been a marked improvement with my rheumatoid arthritis. The infusion actually works up until the last few days and then I experience an increase in aching, swelling and pain. In comparison to all other drugs, and believe me I have tried just about all of them, this has been a 'wonder drug'. For approximately three days after having the injection, I experience extreme tiredness, but once that passes, I am able to return to work and carry out normal everyday activities; e.g housework and gardening. Prior to this medication I was unable to do general gardening. "

Anonymous February 16, 2009

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate