User Reviews for Orencia

Learn more about Orencia.

Orencia Review Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 322 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Orencia to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

"I have taken 4 doses of the weekly self injections. At first I felt awful, nauseated and flu like systems, but now I feel wonderful. I don't hurt and it even has helped the shortness of breath I would get walking up stairs. I hope it continues to help and hope I don't gain additional weight as I have done with the prednisone. I have been on prednisone for over 6 months and have gained 10-15 pounds."

jvparish (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2015

"Was on Orencia for about 7 years. Never had any side effects. I'm now 65 and feeling younger than everyone my age. But Dr. went back home to another country and I've been off Orencia for about 6 months. I feel 10 years older because of the pain. Not only in RA joints but also where I have osteoarthritis. Also losing my grip and hand and wrist strength. Orencia was like the fountain of youth for me!"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 23, 2015

"Got an infusion of Orencia on a Tues for worsening RA symptoms. Wednesday, I had a severe headache that basically incapacitated me. Thursday morning, I woke up with the same headache, sensitivity to light and sound, and a stiff neck. I was unable to stand up without vomiting. ED doctor did lumbar puncture and told me I had viral meningitis. That experience has made me reluctant to try another biologic."

RA RN (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

"I have moderate to severe RA. Diagnosed 1.5 yrs ago. Initially on Prednisone and Methotrexate; later added Remicade. Side effects were severe with fevers of "unexplained origin", night sweats, lethargy and dizziness. Swelling of hand knuckles and ankle joint unchanged. Consulting doctor at Johns Hopkins suggested Orencia plus plaquinil. I had already stopped taking the other meds. Benefit of Orencia kicked in after 4 months of infusion application. After 8 months I am now on second month of weekly self-injection. Swelling of ankle greatly reduced. Right hand knuckle swelling somewhat reduced, but still evident with accompanying stiffness. I have never experienced significant pain with RA, but MRIs show joint erosion in hands and ankle."

Nickdor March 18, 2015

"Severe back pain and also in neck, shoulders and arms started after being on Abatacept for about 3 months. More muscular pain than bone pain. Looking to come off it as its becoming problematic. I've been on 4 other biologic medicines and this was the most effective in getting flare ups under control."

emily0201 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 12, 2014

"Limited improvement after 4 months, developed bad rash and MD refused to continue medication."

BW853 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2014

"In UK had this on NHS for last 7 months. Improved within the first month and after a couple of months was able to dance at my sons wedding, something I thought I would never do. Thanks to the makers, it has changed my life. I'm back at work 20 hrs a week and don't ache for most of the month. Like others I do feel washed out for 2 days post infusion but its worth it for nearly a month of good health."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 10, 2013

"I am on my 5th month of treatment and have seen some improvement in overall pain/discomfort, but still continue to have issues. I also have extreme fatigue the day after treatment. My doctor just increased my dose to the maximum to see if that works. I must take medication to sleep comfortably and medication to stay awake during the day. These medications interact. I supposedly have a mild case of rheumatoid arthritis and am still waiting to feel normal."

armorchick1 July 13, 2010

"After the first week of using Orencia, I felt more energized. Before I would wake up feeling tired, and could barely move. I was stiff and could not go out to dinner, or to other places. Now I can enjoy my life much better, I'm not tired or stiff any more. I can do a lot more things that I wasn't able to do before."

kunki October 7, 2009

"This medication has been a life saver for me. My 22 month old granddaughter and her mother live with me and my husband. It is a job keeping up with her and without Orencia I can't even walk my pain is so severe. Thank You Orencia."

Anonymous September 3, 2009

"I switched to Orencia couple months ago. I have had 5 treatments so far. Since I switched to Orencia, I noticed that there has been significant improvement with my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am able to sleep well again at night. I wake up not feeling tired, achy and stiff. In comparison to the other rheumatoid arthritis medications I have taken, Orencia seems to be working more for me. I am no longer sleep deprived and am able to do some chores that I have not been able to do such as opening a jar, door, etc. I experience tiredness after my treatment for one day, then up until the last few days of my next treatment, minor aches and stiffness are back. I am hoping that Orencia will the wonder drug for me and everyone."

Anonymous March 15, 2009

"I have had 11 Orencia injections now and have found the drug to be extremely beneficial for myself. Overall there has been a marked improvement with my rheumatoid arthritis. The infusion actually works up until the last few days and then I experience an increase in aching, swelling and pain. In comparison to all other drugs, and believe me I have tried just about all of them, this has been a 'wonder drug'. For approximately three days after having the injection, I experience extreme tiredness, but once that passes, I am able to return to work and carry out normal everyday activities; e.g housework and gardening. Prior to this medication I was unable to do general gardening. "

Anonymous February 16, 2009

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis