Trius Presents Study Results of Best-In-Class Antbiotics at ICAAC
Trius Presents Study Results of Best-in-Class Antibiotics in 11 Posters at ICAAC; 8 Posters focused on Second Generation Oxazolidinone Program
SAN DIEGO, September 17, 2007 – TriusTherapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company developing drugs for the treatment of infections caused by resistant pathogens, announced today that there will be 11 posters concerning its lead and pipeline programs presented at this week’s Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC) in Chicago, IL. Eight of the posters focus on the company's lead compound, TR-701, a second generation oxazolidinone that is moving towards an IND filing later this year.
"Acceptance of all 11 posters by the ICAAC committee highlights the interest and potential value of the TR-701 program, the Trius pipeline, and our underlying technologies,” stated Dr. Jeffrey Stein, President and CEO of Trius Therapeutics. "We would like to acknowledge the efforts of Trius scientists and clinicians as well as those from Dong-A Pharmaceuticals and Micromyx, who generated the data summarized in these excellent posters.”
The posters will be presented in Hall D in the Lakeside Center at McCormick Place as follows:
September 17th (1:00pm – 2:00pm, Poster Session 25):
• Presentation Number F2-356/375: Selection of Optimal Antisense Clones of Bacillus anthracis for Drug Discovery Efforts
• Presentation Number F2-357/376: Specific Synergistic Effect of Mur Pathway Antisense Clones of Bacillus anthracis Against ?-Lactams
September 18th (11:15am – 12:15pm, Poster Session 96):
• Presentation Number F2-959/208: Identification of Novel Inhibitors of Methionyl-tRNA Synthetase by Virtual Screening
September 19th (12:15pm – 1:15pm, Poster Session 180):
• Presentation Number F1-1686/310: Structure-Activity Relationship of Substituted Pyridyl Phenyl Oxazolidinone Derivatives, Including TR-700 (DA-7157)
• Presentation Number F1-1687/311: The In Vitro Activity of TR-700: The Active Ingredient of the Prodrug TR-701, a Novel Oxazolidinone Antibacterial Agent
• Presentation Number F1-1688/312: In Vitro Activity of TR-700, the Active Ingredient of the Antibacterial Prodrug TR-701, against MRSA and VRE with Defined Linezolid Resistance Mutations
• Presentation Number F1-1689/313: In Vitro and In Vivo Antibacterial Activity of TR-701 (DA-7218) against Penicillin-Resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae
• Presentation Number F1-1690/314: The New Oxazolidinone, TR-700 (DA-7157): Effects of pH, Inoculum, Serum and Media on Antibacterial Activity
• Presentation Number F1-1691/315: TR-701 (DA-7218) is Significantly More Potent than Linezolid in Skin and Soft Tissue Models of Infection
• Presentation Number F1-1692/316: Pharmacokinetics of TR-701 (DA-7218), a New Oxazolidinone in Mice, Rats, and Dogs
• Presentation Number F1-1693/317: Single and Repeated-Dose Toxicity of TR-701 (DA-7218) in Rodents
Copies of these posters will be available on the Trius website following ICAAC.
About Trius Therapeutics Trius Therapeutics is discovering and developing innovative antibacterial drugs for the treatment of infections caused by resistant pathogens. The company’s lead product candidate, TR-701 is a novel oral and IV oxazolidinone antibiotic with potent activity against drug-resistant Gram-positive bacterial pathogens. Trius’ pipeline includes three additional structure-based drug design programs directed against novel antibacterial targets. For more information, visit www.triusrx.com.
Posted: September 2007