CTNeT Selects Medidata Solutions as Strategic IT Partner
Largest Statewide Cancer Research Network Builds Innovative, Streamlined Operations with Medidata's Clinical Development Technology Platform
NEW YORK & DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 2, 2012 - Still in its early stages, the Statewide Clinical Trials Network of Texas (CTNeT), a clinical oncology research collaboration throughout the state of Texas, has been presented with a unique opportunity to build cutting-edge, streamlined clinical research operations from the ground up, unencumbered by legacy systems and processes. With this in mind, CTNeT conducted an extensive request-for-proposal process in 2011 to find a technology partner that could handle the network's multi-site oncology clinical research. In the end, the CTNeT team concluded that cloud-based clinical technology solution provider Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ: MDSO) was best suited to help meet its goals of establishing and supporting strong clinical and operational processes while driving collaboration across academic and community-based practices.
- “Selecting a strategic partner that offered a validated system with workflows geared to support and effectively manage CTNeT clinical trials was critically important,” said Patricia A. Winger, vice president and chief operating officer, CTNeT. “We were impressed with the breadth of the Medidata technology platform, the company's innovative tools to help plan, budget and monitor clinical trials, and its reputation as a responsive, solutions-focused vendor – all of which were factors in our decision.”
CTNeT's contract with Medidata includes the use of the following cloud-based products:
- Medidata Grants Manager® – to plan investigational site reimbursement budgets using proprietary PICAS® benchmark data;
- Medidata CTMS™ – to plan, operationally manage and track progress of trials and streamline site visits and payments;
- Medidata Balance™ – to randomize patients treatment allocation and manage the supply of drugs to sites; and
- Medidata Rave® – to facilitate electronic data capture (EDC) as patients visit sites, report serious adverse events (SAEs) using Rave Safety Gateway and manage data cleaning with tools such as Rave Targeted SDV.
- “After recently completing training on a number of Medidata modules, our staff was impressed with the user-friendly interface of Medidata's EDC system along with its robust online training tools, and felt that it would make it easier for our Network sites to use,” Winger added.
While Medidata will help manage the first few trials, CTNeT will leverage the vendor's knowledge transfer program to quickly take technology management in-house and become completely self-sufficient.
- “CTNeT represents a major new force powering the future of innovative oncology research,” said Tarek Sherif, CEO, Medidata Solutions. “We're grateful that our extensive experience working with cancer research centers, along with our investment in a technology platform that helps optimize clinical development from concept to conclusion, has earned us the trust of CTNeT as a strategic technology partner.”
Connect with Medidata:
- Read our blog, Geeks Talk Clinical
- Tweet this: Research network CTNeT (@TexasCTNeT) selects @Medidata as strategic partner, highlights innovation and robustness http://bit.ly/H7G94R
- Follow us on Twitter: @Medidata
- Find us on LinkedIn
The Statewide Clinical Trials Network of Texas (CTNeT) is a 501(c)(3) oncology research network model established in 2010 with a grant from the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT). The network model is a “first of its kind” and fuses innovative science with streamlined, core operational processes. Under the CTNeT organization, academic and community-based cancer centers throughout Texas collaborate, offering patients access to the most cutting-edge therapies. To learn more about the network's streamlined approach, CLIA-certified cancer genetics laboratory and the CTNeT biorepository, please visit www.ctnet.org.
About Medidata Solutions Worldwide
Medidata Solutions is a leading global provider of cloud-based clinical development solutions that enhance the efficiency of customers' clinical trials. Medidata's advanced platform lowers the total cost of clinical development by optimizing clinical trials from concept to conclusion: from study and protocol design, trial planning and budgeting, site negotiation, clinical portal, trial management, randomization and trial supply management, clinical data capture and management, safety events capture, medical coding to business analytics. Our diverse life science customer base spans biopharmaceutical companies, medical device and diagnostic companies, academic and government institutions, CROs and other research organizations, and includes more than 20 of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies as well as organizations of all sizes developing life-enhancing medical treatments and diagnostics.
Contact: Lois Paul and Partners
Susan McCarron, 617-986-5767
Statewide Clinical Trials Network of Texas (CTNeT)
Kim Stryker, 972-865-4022
Associate Director of Marketing
Posted: April 2012