Laparoscopic Excision Of Ovarian Cysts
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Laparoscopic Excision Of Ovarian Cysts (Discharge Care) Care Guide
- Laparoscopic Excision Of Ovarian Cysts Aftercare Instructions
- Laparoscopic Excision Of Ovarian Cysts Discharge Care
- Laparoscopic Excision Of Ovarian Cysts Inpatient Care
- Laparoscopic Excision Of Ovarian Cysts Precare
- En Espanol
Laparoscopic excision is surgery to remove a cyst on your ovary.
AFTER YOU LEAVE:
- Antibiotics: This medicine is given to fight or prevent an infection caused by bacteria. Always take your antibiotics exactly as ordered by your primary healthcare provider. Do not stop taking your medicine unless directed by your primary healthcare provider. Never save antibiotics or take leftover antibiotics that were given to you for another illness.
- Pain medicine: You may be given a prescription medicine to decrease pain. Do not wait until the pain is severe before you take this medicine.
- Take your medicine as directed. Call your primary healthcare provider if you think your medicine is not helping or if you have side effects. Tell him if you are allergic to any medicine. Keep a list of the medicines, vitamins, and herbs you take. Include the amounts, and when and why you take them. Bring the list or the pill bottles to follow-up visits. Carry your medicine list with you in case of an emergency.
Follow up with your primary healthcare provider as directed:
Write down your questions so you remember to ask them during your visits.
Contact your primary healthcare provider if:
- You have stomach cramps.
- You have a fever.
- You have questions or concerns about your condition or care.
Seek care immediately or call 911 if:
- You have bleeding that does not stop.
- You have severe abdominal pain that does not go away, even with medicine.
- You feel lightheaded and short of breath.
- You have chest pain when you take a deep breath or cough, or you cough up blood.
- Your arm or leg feels warm, tender, and painful. It may look swollen and red.
© 2013 Truven Health Analytics Inc. Information is for End User's use only and may not be sold, redistributed or otherwise used for commercial purposes. All illustrations and images included in CareNotes® are the copyrighted property of the Blausen Databases or Truven Health Analytics.
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.