Exercise Stress Echocardiography
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Exercise Stress Echocardiography (Discharge Care) Care Guide
- Exercise Stress Echocardiography
- Exercise Stress Echocardiography Aftercare Instructions
- Exercise Stress Echocardiography Discharge Care
- Exercise Stress Echocardiography Inpatient Care
- Exercise Stress Echocardiography Precare
- En Espanol
Exercise stress echocardiography is a test used to see how your heart responds to stress (exercise).
AFTER YOU LEAVE:
Follow up with your primary healthcare provider or cardiologist as directed:
Write down your questions so you remember to ask them during your visits.
- Eat a variety of heart healthy foods: Healthy foods include fruits, vegetables, whole-grain breads, low-fat dairy products, beans, lean meats, and fish. Limit foods high in saturated and trans fats. Ask your primary healthcare provider or cardiologist if you need to be on a low cholesterol or sodium (salt) diet.
- Exercise: Ask your primary healthcare provider or cardiologist about the best exercise plan for you.
- Do not smoke: If you smoke, it is never too late to quit. Smoking increases your risk of heart problems. Ask your primary healthcare provider or cardiologist for information if you need help quitting.
Contact your primary healthcare provider or cardiologist if:
- You feel dizzy or lightheaded.
- You have questions or concerns about your condition or care.
Seek care immediately or call 911 if:
- You have sudden trouble breathing.
- You have chest pain even after you take your medicine.
© 2013 Truven Health Analytics Inc. Information is for End User's use only and may not be sold, redistributed or otherwise used for commercial purposes. All illustrations and images included in CareNotes® are the copyrighted property of the Blausen Databases or Truven Health Analytics.
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.