Generic Name: miconazole (mi-KON-a-zole)
Brand Name: Zeasorb-AF
Zeasorb-AF lotion is used for:
Treating athlete's foot, jock itch, or ringworm and relieving the itching, scaling, burning, and discomfort due to those conditions. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Zeasorb-AF lotion is an antifungal. It works by weakening the fungal cell membrane, which kills the fungus.
Do NOT use Zeasorb-AF lotion if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Zeasorb-AF lotion
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Zeasorb-AF lotion:
Some medical conditions may interact with Zeasorb-AF lotion. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Zeasorb-AF lotion. Because little, if any, of Zeasorb-AF lotion is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Zeasorb-AF lotion may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Zeasorb-AF lotion:
Use Zeasorb-AF lotion as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Shake well before using a dose of Zeasorb-AF lotion.
- Clean the affected area and dry it thoroughly.
- Apply a thin layer of medicine over the affected area in the morning and evening unless directed otherwise by your doctor. Rub in gently.
- Wash hands immediately after using Zeasorb-AF lotion unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- For athlete's foot, pay special attention to the area between the toes. Wear well-fitting, ventilated shoes, and change your shoes and socks at least once daily.
- To clear up your infection completely, continue using Zeasorb-AF lotion for the full course of treatment even if you feel better in a few days.
- Supervise children in the use of this product.
- If you miss a dose of Zeasorb-AF lotion, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Zeasorb-AF lotion.
Important safety information:
- Zeasorb-AF lotion is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes. If you get Zeasorb-AF lotion in your eyes, rinse them immediately with a generous amount of cool water.
- If Zeasorb-AF lotion is swallowed, contact a doctor or poison control center immediately.
- Zeasorb-AF lotion is flammable. Do not store or use near fire or other open flame. Do not use while smoking.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage or dressing unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- If there is no improvement of athlete's foot or ringworm within 4 weeks or jock itch within 2 weeks, or if your condition persists, contact your health care provider.
- Zeasorb-AF lotion is not effective on the scalp or nails.
- Do not use on CHILDREN younger than 2 years of age unless directed by a doctor.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Zeasorb-AF lotion, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Zeasorb-AF lotion during pregnancy. It is unknown if Zeasorb-AF lotion is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Zeasorb-AF lotion, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Zeasorb-AF lotion:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. When used in small doses, no COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Zeasorb-AF lotion:
Store Zeasorb-AF lotion at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Zeasorb-AF lotion out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Zeasorb-AF lotion, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Zeasorb-AF lotion is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Zeasorb-AF lotion or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Zeasorb-AF lotion. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Zeasorb-AF lotion. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Zeasorb-AF lotion.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.