Generic Name: miconazole (mye-KON-a-zole)
Brand Name: Zeasorb-AF
Zeasorb-AF gel is used for:
Treating athlete's foot, jock itch, or ringworm and relieving the itching, scaling, burning, and discomfort due to those conditions. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Zeasorb-AF gel is an antifungal. It works by killing sensitive fungi and drying out the infected area.
Do NOT use Zeasorb-AF gel if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Zeasorb-AF gel
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if this applies to you.
Before using Zeasorb-AF gel:
Some medical conditions may interact with Zeasorb-AF gel. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver problems, or the blood disease porphyria
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Zeasorb-AF gel. Because little, if any, of Zeasorb-AF gel is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Zeasorb-AF gel may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Zeasorb-AF gel:
Use Zeasorb-AF gel as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Clean the affected area and dry it thoroughly.
- Apply a thin layer of medicine over the affected area in the morning and evening unless directed otherwise by your doctor. Rub in gently.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Zeasorb-AF gel, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- For athlete's foot, pay special attention to the area between the toes. Wear well-fitting, ventilated shoes, and change your shoes and socks at least once daily.
- To clear up your infection completely, continue using Zeasorb-AF gel for the full course of treatment even if your condition improves within a few days.
- Supervise children in the use of this product.
- If you miss a dose of Zeasorb-AF gel, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Zeasorb-AF gel.
Important safety information:
- Zeasorb-AF gel is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool water.
- Do NOT use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- If your condition does not improve within 4 weeks for athletes foot or ringworm, within 2 weeks for jock itch, or if it gets worse, check with your doctor.
- Talk to your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- Zeasorb-AF gel is not effective on the scalp or nails.
- Zeasorb-AF gel is flammable. Do not store or use near fire or other open flame. Do not use while smoking.
- Zeasorb-AF gel may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Zeasorb-AF gel should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 2 years old without checking with the child's doctor; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Zeasorb-AF gel, contact your doctor. Discuss the benefits and risks of using Zeasorb-AF gel while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Zeasorb-AF gel, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Zeasorb-AF gel:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with the use of Zeasorb-AF gel. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Zeasorb-AF gel may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Zeasorb-AF gel:
Store Zeasorb-AF gel at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Do not freeze. Store away from heat, fire and flame. Keep Zeasorb-AF gel out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Zeasorb-AF gel, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Zeasorb-AF gel is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Zeasorb-AF gel or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Zeasorb-AF gel. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Zeasorb-AF gel. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Zeasorb-AF gel.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Zeasorb-AF (miconazole topical)
- Other brands: Monistat, Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack, Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack, Micatin, More (38) »