Stanback Fast Pain Relief
Generic Name: aspirin/salicylamide/caffeine (AS-pir-in/SAL-i-SIL-a-mide/KAF-een)
Brand Name: Examples include BC Fast Pain Relief and Stanback Fast Pain Relief
Stanback Fast Pain Relief is used for:
Relieving headache, muscle aches, and other minor aches and pain. It is also used to reduce fever. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Stanback Fast Pain Relief is an analgesic and antipyretic combination. It works by blocking substances in the body that cause pain and inflammation. Caffeine constricts blood vessels, which helps with headaches.
Do NOT use Stanback Fast Pain Relief if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Stanback Fast Pain Relief
- you are a child or teenager who has recently had an influenza vaccine (eg, flu shot)
- you are a child or teenager who has or has recently had a flu-like illness (eg, fever, chills, sore throat), chickenpox, or any other type of viral infection
- you have bleeding problems such as hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, low blood platelets, or active severe bleeding
- you have had a severe allergic reaction (eg, severe rash, hives, trouble breathing, growths in the nose, dizziness) to aspirin or to a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, celecoxib)
- you are taking an anticoagulant (eg, heparin, warfarin) or methotrexate
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Stanback Fast Pain Relief:
Some medical conditions may interact with Stanback Fast Pain Relief. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have alcoholism or if you drink 3 or more alcohol-containing drinks every day
- if you have recently had an influenza vaccine (eg, flu shot)
- if you have or have recently had a flu-like illness (eg, fever, chills, sore throat), chickenpox, or any other type of viral infection
- if you have a history of asthma, growths in the nose (nasal polyps), diabetes, gout, kidney problems, liver problems (eg, hepatitis), persistent or frequent stomach problems (eg, heartburn, upset stomach, stomach pain), peptic ulcers, or bleeding ulcers
- if you have bleeding or clotting problems, vitamin K deficiency, a weakened blood vessel in the brain (eg, cerebral aneurysm), or a history of stroke or bleeding in the brain
- if you are a child with Kawasaki syndrome (a rare inflammation causing heart problems in children)
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Stanback Fast Pain Relief. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors (eg, acetazolamide) because they may decrease Stanback Fast Pain Relief's effectiveness
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), clopidogrel, heparin, NSAIDs (eg, celecoxib, ketorolac, ibuprofen, naproxen), or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (eg, fluoxetine) because the risk of bleeding may be increased
- Quinolones (eg, ciprofloxacin) because side effects, such as problems sleeping, nervousness, or anxiety, may occur
- Insulin or oral antidiabetics (eg, glyburide, nateglinide) because the risk of their side effects, including low blood sugar (eg, hunger, shakiness or weakness, dizziness, headache, sweating), may be increased by Stanback Fast Pain Relief
- Methotrexate, theophylline, or valproic acid because their actions and the risk of their side effects may be increased by Stanback Fast Pain Relief
- Probenecid or sulfinpyrazone because their effectiveness may be decreased by Stanback Fast Pain Relief
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Stanback Fast Pain Relief may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Stanback Fast Pain Relief:
Use Stanback Fast Pain Relief as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Stanback Fast Pain Relief by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation. Taking it with food may not decrease the risk of stomach or bowel problems (eg, bleeding, ulcers) that may occur while taking Stanback Fast Pain Relief.
- Place the contents of the packet on the tongue, and then swallow it with a full glass (8 oz/240 mL) of water or other liquid.
- You may also stir the contents of the packet into a glass of water or other liquid and then drink the mixed medicine. Throw away any mixed medicine that you do not drink. Do not store the mixed medicine for future use.
- Use Stanback Fast Pain Relief exactly as directed on the package, unless instructed differently by your doctor. If you are taking Stanback Fast Pain Relief without a prescription, follow any warnings and precautions on the label.
- If Stanback Fast Pain Relief has a strong vinegar-like smell upon opening, do not use it. The medicine may be breaking down. Throw the medicine away safely and out of the reach of children and pets; contact your pharmacist and replace.
- If you miss a dose of Stanback Fast Pain Relief and you are taking it regularly, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Stanback Fast Pain Relief.
Important safety information:
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Check with your doctor if you have a fever that lasts more than 3 days or if you have pain that does not get better within 10 days or gets worse.
- Stanback Fast Pain Relief has aspirin, caffeine, and salicylamide in it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has aspirin, caffeine, or salicylamide in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Aspirin has been linked to a serious illness called Reye syndrome. Do not give Stanback Fast Pain Relief to a child or teenager who has the flu, chickenpox, or a viral infection. Contact your doctor with any questions or concerns.
- Avoid large amounts of food or drink that have caffeine (eg, coffee, tea, cocoa, cola, chocolate). This includes any medicines that contain caffeine.
- Talk to your doctor before you take Stanback Fast Pain Relief or other pain relievers/fever reducers if you drink more than 3 drinks with alcohol per day. Serious stomach ulcers or bleeding can occur with the use of Stanback Fast Pain Relief. Taking it in high doses or for a long time, smoking, or drinking alcohol increases the risk of these side effects. Taking Stanback Fast Pain Relief with food will NOT reduce the risk of these effects. Contact your doctor or emergency room at once if you develop severe stomach or back pain; black, tarry stools; vomit that looks like blood or coffee grounds; or unusual weight gain or swelling.
- Stanback Fast Pain Relief may reduce the action of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood. To prevent bleeding, avoid situations in which bruising or injury may occur. Report any unusual bleeding, bruising, blood in stools, or dark, tarry stools to your doctor.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Stanback Fast Pain Relief before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Do not take Stanback Fast Pain Relief for at least 7 days after any surgery unless directed by your health care provider.
- Check with your child's doctor before giving Stanback Fast Pain Relief to a CHILD younger than 12 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Stanback Fast Pain Relief while you are pregnant. Stanback Fast Pain Relief is not recommended during the last 3 months (third trimester) of pregnancy because it may cause harm to the fetus. Stanback Fast Pain Relief is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Stanback Fast Pain Relief, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Stanback Fast Pain Relief:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Heartburn; nausea; upset stomach.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black or bloody stools; confusion; diarrhea; drowsiness; hearing loss; ringing in the ears; severe or persistent dizziness; severe or persistent stomach pain or heartburn; shakiness; trouble sleeping; vomiting.
If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include agitation; anxiety; confusion; fever; hearing loss; lethargy; lightheadedness, especially upon standing; muscle twitching; nausea; rapid breathing; rapid or irregular heartbeat; ringing in the ears; seizures; shortness of breath; stomach pain; trouble sleeping; vomiting.Proper storage of Stanback Fast Pain Relief:
Store Stanback Fast Pain Relief at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Stanback Fast Pain Relief out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Stanback Fast Pain Relief, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Stanback Fast Pain Relief is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Stanback Fast Pain Relief or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Stanback Fast Pain Relief. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Stanback Fast Pain Relief. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Stanback Fast Pain Relief.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.