Generic Name: dapiprazole (da-PI-pray-zole)
Brand Name: Rev-Eyes
Rev-Eyes is used for:
Decreasing the size of the pupil after certain eye examinations or surgery.
Rev-Eyes is an antimydriatic. It works by blocking the smooth muscle contraction of the iris, which helps to decrease the size of the pupil.
Do NOT use Rev-Eyes if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Rev-Eyes
- you have acute iritis (inflammation of the front portion of the eye)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Rev-Eyes:
Some medical conditions may interact with Rev-Eyes. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Rev-Eyes. However, no specific interactions with Rev-Eyes are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Rev-Eyes may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Rev-Eyes:
Use Rev-Eyes as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Rev-Eyes is usually administered at your doctor's office, hospital, or clinic.
- Rev-Eyes is for use in the eye only. Avoid contact with other mucous membranes.
- Rev-Eyes must be mixed before using. To use Rev-Eyes, first, wash your hands. Tilt your head back. Using your index finger, pull the lower eyelid away from the eye to form a pouch. Drop the medicine into the pouch and gently close your eyes. Immediately use your finger to apply pressure to the inside corner of the eye for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not blink. Remove excess medicine around your eye with a clean tissue, being careful not to touch your eye. Wash your hands to remove any medicine that may be on them. To prevent germs from contaminating your medicine, do not touch the applicator tip to any surface, including your eye. Keep the container tightly closed.
- If Rev-Eyes is cloudy or discolored, do not use it.
- If you miss a dose of Rev-Eyes, contact your doctor immediately.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Rev-Eyes.
Important safety information:
- Rev-Eyes may cause blurred vision or difficulty seeing in the dark. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Rev-Eyes. Using Rev-Eyes alone, with certain other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
- Patients should not receive Rev-Eyes more often than once per week.
- Use Rev-Eyes with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 4 years of age. Safety and effectiveness in this age group have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Rev-Eyes, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Rev-Eyes during pregnancy. It is unknown if Rev-Eyes is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Rev-Eyes, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Rev-Eyes:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Headache; light sensitivity; redness and itching of the eyelids; redness or burning when you first put the medicine in your eye.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); swelling of the eyelid.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Rev-Eyes:
Store mixed medicine at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C), for 21 days. If Rev-Eyes is cloudy or discolored, discard it. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Rev-Eyes out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Rev-Eyes, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Rev-Eyes is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This information is a summary only. It does not contain all information about Rev-Eyes. If you have questions about the medicine you are taking or would like more information, check with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
- Rev-Eyes Advanced Consumer (Micromedex) - Includes Dosage Information