Pharmadine Gauze pads
Generic Name: povidone/iodine (POE-vi-done/EYE-oh-dine)
Brand Name: Examples include Betadine Swab Aid and Pharmadine Gauze
Pharmadine Gauze pads is used for:
Treating minor wounds and infections, as well as killing bacteria.
Pharmadine Gauze pads is an antiseptic combination. It works by killing sensitive bacteria.
Do NOT use Pharmadine Gauze pads if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Pharmadine Gauze pads
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Pharmadine Gauze pads:
Some medical conditions may interact with Pharmadine Gauze pads. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have serious burns or deep puncture wounds
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Pharmadine Gauze pads. However, no specific interactions are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Pharmadine Gauze pads may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Pharmadine Gauze pads:
Use Pharmadine Gauze pads as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Clean the affected area with warm water and soap, rinse, and pat dry. Using the pad or swab, apply the medicine by covering the affected and surrounding areas with a thin film of medicine. Allow the medicine to dry. The area may be left uncovered, or you may cover it with a sterile bandage.
- Wash your hands after using Pharmadine Gauze pads, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- If you miss a dose of Pharmadine Gauze pads, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Pharmadine Gauze pads.
Important safety information:
- If you have had a severe allergic reaction to Pharmadine Gauze pads or a medicine that contains iodine, contact your doctor or pharmacist immediately. A severe allergic reaction includes a severe rash, hives, difficulty breathing, or dizziness. If you have questions about whether you are allergic to Pharmadine Gauze pads or if a certain medicine contains iodine, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you experience a skin rash, hives, or itching, or any other unusual reaction after using this product, discontinue use and contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Pharmadine Gauze pads is for external use only. Do not get Pharmadine Gauze pads in your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Do not use Pharmadine Gauze pads over large areas of the body or for more than 1 week unless advised to do so by your doctor.
- Contact your doctor before using Pharmadine Gauze pads on serious burns, deep wounds, or puncture wounds.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Pharmadine Gauze pads, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Pharmadine Gauze pads during pregnancy. It is unknown if Pharmadine Gauze pads is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Pharmadine Gauze pads, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Pharmadine Gauze pads:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Pharmadine Gauze pads:
Store Pharmadine Gauze pads at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Pharmadine Gauze pads out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Pharmadine Gauze pads, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Pharmadine Gauze pads is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Pharmadine Gauze pads or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Pharmadine Gauze pads. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Pharmadine Gauze pads. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Pharmadine Gauze pads.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.