Generic Name: artificial saliva (ahr-tuh-FISH-uhl suh-LYE-vah)
Brand Name: NeutraSal
NeutraSal powder is used for:
Relieving dry mouth and throat.
NeutraSal powder is an artificial saliva. It works by moistening and lubricating the mouth and throat.
Do NOT use NeutraSal powder if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in NeutraSal powder
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using NeutraSal powder:
Some medical conditions may interact with NeutraSal powder. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you are on a low sodium (salt) diet
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with NeutraSal powder. However, no specific interactions with NeutraSal powder are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if NeutraSal powder may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use NeutraSal powder:
Use NeutraSal powder as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Mix the contents of one packet of NeutraSal powder in a clean glass with about 30 mL (1 ounce) of water. Stir for about 15 seconds until the solution looks clear or nearly clear.
- Swish half of the liquid in your mouth for one minute then spit it out. Repeat with the other half of the liquid.
- NeutraSal powder should not be swallowed. If you accidentally swallow the medicine, no harmful effects are expected.
- Do not eat or drink for 15 minutes after using NeutraSal powder.
- Do not use NeutraSal powder if the packet is opened or shows sign of leakage or damage.
- If you miss taking a dose of NeutraSal powder for 1 day or more, there is no cause for concern. If your doctor recommended that you take it, try to remember your dose every day.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use NeutraSal powder.
Important safety information:
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking NeutraSal powder, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using NeutraSal powder during pregnancy. It is unknown if NeutraSal powder is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using NeutraSal powder, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of NeutraSal powder:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. When used in small doses, no COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Store NeutraSal powder at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Do not refrigerate. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep NeutraSal powder out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about NeutraSal powder, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- NeutraSal powder is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take NeutraSal powder or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about NeutraSal powder. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to NeutraSal powder. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using NeutraSal powder.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.