Generic Name: luliconazole (LOO-li-KON-a-zole)
Brand Name: Luzu
Luzu cream is used for:
Treating certain fungal infections of the skin. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Luzu cream is an antifungal agent. It works by killing sensitive fungi by interfering with the formation of the fungal cell membrane and weakening it.
Do NOT use Luzu cream if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Luzu cream
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Luzu cream:
Some medical conditions may interact with Luzu cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Luzu cream. Because little, if any, of Luzu cream is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Luzu cream may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Luzu cream:
Use Luzu cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with Luzu cream. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Wash and completely dry the affected area. Apply a thin layer of Luzu cream to the affected area as directed and gently rub in completely.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Luzu cream, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- To clear up your infection completely, use Luzu cream for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Luzu cream, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Luzu cream.
Important safety information:
- Luzu cream is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, mouth, or vagina. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse at once with cool water.
- Luzu cream should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Luzu cream while you are pregnant. It is not known if Luzu cream is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Luzu cream, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Luzu cream:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); severe or persistent skin irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Luzu cream:
Store Luzu cream at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Luzu cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Luzu cream, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Luzu cream is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Luzu cream or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Luzu cream. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Luzu cream. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Luzu cream.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.