Latrix XM emulsionPronunciation
Generic Name: urea in zinc/lactic acid (ue-REE-a/zink/LACK-tik AS-id)
Brand Name: Examples include Kerol and Latrix XM
Latrix XM emulsion is used for:
Aiding in the healing of certain skin conditions (eg, calluses; corns; dermatitis; dry, rough skin; eczema; hyperkeratotic sores; psoriasis). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Latrix XM emulsion is a debriding agent. It works by helping the breakdown of dead skin and pus, which helps to loosen and shed hard and scaly skin.
Do NOT use Latrix XM emulsion if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Latrix XM emulsion
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if this applies to you.
Before using Latrix XM emulsion:
Some medical conditions may interact with Latrix XM emulsion. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of blood circulation problems or diabetes
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Latrix XM emulsion. Because little, if any, of Latrix XM emulsion is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Latrix XM emulsion may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Latrix XM emulsion:
Use Latrix XM emulsion as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Apply Latrix XM emulsion to the affected area as directed by your doctor. Gently rub it in until it is evenly distributed.
- Wash your hands right away after using Latrix XM emulsion, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- If you miss a dose of Latrix XM emulsion, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Latrix XM emulsion.
Important safety information:
- Latrix XM emulsion is for external use only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool tap water.
- Do not use more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Do not use Latrix XM emulsion for other skin conditions without checking with your doctor.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Latrix XM emulsion while you are pregnant. It is not known if Latrix XM emulsion is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Latrix XM emulsion, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Latrix XM emulsion:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild skin irritation; temporary burning, stinging, or itching.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); severe or persistent skin irritation, burning, stinging, or itching.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Latrix XM emulsion:
Store Latrix XM emulsion at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Protect from freezing. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Latrix XM emulsion out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Latrix XM emulsion, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Latrix XM emulsion is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Latrix XM emulsion or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Latrix XM emulsion. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Latrix XM emulsion. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Latrix XM emulsion.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.