Keralac Nailstik solution
Generic Name: urea (ue-REE-a)
Brand Name: Keralac Nailstik
Keralac Nailstik solution is used for:
Promoting the healing of certain conditions of the fingernails and toenails (eg, hyperkeratotic conditions). It may also be used to treat certain other skin conditions (eg, corns; calluses; rough, dry skin) as determined by your doctor.
Keralac Nailstik solution is a debriding agent. It works by helping the breakdown of dead skin and pus, which helps to soften, loosen, and shed hard, scaly skin and nails.
Do NOT use Keralac Nailstik solution if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Keralac Nailstik solution
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Keralac Nailstik solution:
Some medical conditions may interact with Keralac Nailstik solution. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Keralac Nailstik solution. Because little, if any, of Keralac Nailstik solution is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
Ask your health care provider if Keralac Nailstik solution may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Keralac Nailstik solution:
Use Keralac Nailstik solution as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Keralac Nailstik solution is for external use only.
- Remove the cap and twist the dial at the bottom until a small amount of solution appears on the sponge tip. Using the sponge tip, apply a thin layer of Keralac Nailstik solution to the affected area. Replace the cap after application.
- If you miss a dose of Keralac Nailstik solution, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Keralac Nailstik solution.
Important safety information:
- Keralac Nailstik solution is for external use only. Do not get it in the eyes, nose, mouth, or lips or on your genitals. If you get it in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool water.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Keralac Nailstik solution while you are pregnant. It is not known if Keralac Nailstik solution is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Keralac Nailstik solution, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Keralac Nailstik solution:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Mild skin irritation; temporary burning, stinging, or itching.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); redness; severe or persistent burning or irritation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Keralac Nailstik solution:
Store Keralac Nailstik solution at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Do not freeze. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Keralac Nailstik solution out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Keralac Nailstik solution, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Keralac Nailstik solution is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Keralac Nailstik solution or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Keralac Nailstik solution. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Keralac Nailstik solution. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Keralac Nailstik solution.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.