Inova ACT pads
Generic Name: benzoyl peroxide pads/salicylic acid pads/vitamin e (BEN-zoe-il per-OX-ide/SAL-i-SIL-ik AS-id/VYE-ta-min E)
Brand Name: Inova ACT
Inova ACT pads are used for:
Inova ACT pads are a combination of a topical vitamin and keratolytic agents with antibacterial actions. It works by killing bacteria that cause acne. It also has mild drying and peeling effects on the skin. Vitamin E helps control dry or chapped skin.
Do NOT use Inova ACT pads if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Inova ACT pads
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Inova ACT pads:
Some medical conditions may interact with Inova ACT pads. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Inova ACT pads. However, no specific interactions with Inova ACT pads are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if Inova ACT pads may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Inova ACT pads:
Use Inova ACT pads as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- This kit includes benzoyl peroxide pads, salicylic acid pads, and vitamin E topical capsules.
- Wet the affected area and wash with a mild cleanser, as directed by your doctor. Rinse with water and pat dry.
- Apply the salicylic acid pad gently to the affected area after cleansing each morning, unless otherwise directed by your doctor. Allow to dry for 3 to 5 minutes before applying the vitamin E capsule.
- Do not swallow the vitamin E capsule. Open the capsule by twisting off the small end to release the medicine. Apply the vitamin E capsule to the affected area each morning after using the salicylic acid pad, unless otherwise directed by your doctor. Use your fingertips to evenly distribute across the treatment area.
- Apply the benzoyl peroxide pad gently to the affected area after cleansing each evening, 30 minutes before bedtime, unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands after using these medicines.
- If you miss a dose of Inova ACT pads, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Inova ACT pads.
Important safety information:
- Certain acne products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid can rarely cause serious and sometimes life-threatening allergic reactions or severe irritation. Before first use, you may need to follow certain steps to make sure you do not have an allergic reaction. Use Inova ACT pads as you were told by your doctor or read the package label. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
- Inova ACT pads are for use on the skin only. Do not get Inova ACT pads in your eyes, on your eyelids or lips, or on the inside of your nose or mouth. If you get Inova ACT pads in any of these areas, rinse right away with cool tap water.
- Inova ACT pads may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Avoid applying Inova ACT pads to raw or irritated skin, including sunburns, or to open wounds.
- Several weeks may pass before you see improvement in your acne. Continue to use Inova ACT pads for the full time recommended by your doctor. If your acne does not improve or if it gets worse, check with your doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines, special cleansers, aftershave, or cosmetics on your skin.
- Inova ACT pads may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Inova ACT pads. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Inova ACT pads may cause bleaching. Avoid contact with hair, fabrics, or carpeting.
- Inova ACT pads should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is not known if Inova ACT pads can cause harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Inova ACT pads while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Inova ACT pads, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Inova ACT pads:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Dryness; feeling of warmth; mild irritation, itching, peeling, redness, or stinging.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; dizziness; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); excessive burning, itching, irritation, peeling, redness, or tenderness of your skin; extreme dryness; swelling.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include excessive scaling; redness; swelling.Proper storage of Inova ACT pads:
Store at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store in a tightly closed container, away from fire, flame, heat, moisture, and light. Do not freeze. Keep Inova ACT pads out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Inova ACT pads, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Inova ACT pads are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Inova ACT pads or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Inova ACT pads. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Inova ACT pads. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your health care provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Inova ACT pads.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.