Generic Name: formaldehyde (for-MAL-de-hyde)
Brand Name: Examples include Formadon and Lazerformalyde
Formadon solution is used for:
Drying skin before or after surgical removal of warts or where dryness is required. It may also be used for treating excessive foot moisture or for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Formadon solution is a drying agent. It works by drying excessive moisture.
Do NOT use Formadon solution if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Formadon solution
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Formadon solution:
Some medical conditions may interact with Formadon solution. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Formadon solution. However, no specific interactions with Formadon solution are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Formadon solution may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Formadon solution:
Use Formadon solution as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Apply with roll-on applicator to affected areas.
- Do not shake bottle with the cap removed.
- Do not bandage or wrap the affected area unless directed otherwise by your doctor.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Formadon solution, unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- If you miss a dose of Formadon solution, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Formadon solution.
Important safety information:
- Skin should be checked for sensitivity to formaldehyde prior to application because it may be irritating and sensitizing to the skin of some patients.
- Avoid getting Formadon solution in your eyes, nose, or mouth, or on your face.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Formadon solution, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Formadon solution during pregnancy. It is unknown if Formadon solution is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Formadon solution, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Formadon solution:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Skin redness or irritation.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); persisting irritation or redness.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Formadon solution:
Store Formadon solution at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C), in a tightly closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Formadon solution out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Formadon solution, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Formadon solution is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Formadon solution or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Formadon solution. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Formadon solution. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Formadon solution.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.