Generic Name: vitamin b complex/vitamin c/biotin/folic acid (VYE-ta-min/BYE-oh-tin/FOE-lik AS-id)
Brand Name: Examples include: Folbee Plus and Nephrocaps
Folbee Plus is used for:
A dietary supplement for certain patients with high blood levels of homocysteine or kidney failure, or those who are on dialysis or do not receive the proper amount of vitamins from their diet. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Folbee Plus is a vitamin and folic acid combination. It works by providing vitamins and folic acid to the body to help meet nutritional requirements.
Do NOT use Folbee Plus if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Folbee Plus
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Folbee Plus:
Some medical conditions may interact with Folbee Plus. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have anemia (eg, pernicious anemia)
- if you are receiving dialysis
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Folbee Plus. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) or levodopa because their effectiveness may be decreased by Folbee Plus
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Folbee Plus may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Folbee Plus:
Use Folbee Plus as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Folbee Plus may be taken with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- If you miss a dose of Folbee Plus, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Folbee Plus.
Important safety information:
- Folbee Plus may cause drowsiness. This effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Folbee Plus with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do not take large doses of vitamins (megadoses or megavitamin therapy) while you use Folbee Plus unless your doctor tells you to.
- Folbee Plus contains pyridoxine (vitamin B6) and folic acid. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has pyridoxine or folic acid in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Folbee Plus may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Folbee Plus.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Folbee Plus while you are pregnant. It is not known if Folbee Plus is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Folbee Plus, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Folbee Plus:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Drowsiness; headache; mild diarrhea; nausea.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); feeling of swelling of the entire body; numbness or tingling of the skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Folbee Plus:
Store Folbee Plus at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Folbee Plus out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Folbee Plus, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Folbee Plus is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Folbee Plus or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Folbee Plus. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Folbee Plus. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Folbee Plus.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More Folbee Plus resources
- multivitamin Concise Consumer Information (Cerner Multum)
- Folplex Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Foltabs 800 Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Infuvite Pediatric Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Nephrocaps Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Renal Caps Prescribing Information (FDA)
- Vitamin A Monograph (AHFS DI)