Flavocoxid/ citrated zinc bisglycinate
Generic Name: flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate (FLAV-voe-COX-ihd/SIT-rat-ed zink biz-GLIS-i-nate)
Brand Name: Limbrel
Flavocoxid/ citrated zinc bisglycinate is used for:
Dietary management of osteoarthritis and associated swelling. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate is a medical food. It works by reducing swelling and providing pain relief.
Do NOT use flavocoxid/ citrated zinc bisglycinate if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate, to flavonoids, or foods rich in flavonoids (eg, colored fruits and vegetables, dark chocolate, tea [especially green tea], red wine, Brazil nuts)
- you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- you have a history of ulcers
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using flavocoxid/ citrated zinc bisglycinate:
Some medical conditions may interact with flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of intestinal or stomach problems (eg, ulcers)
- if you are taking warfarin
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, ibuprofen, celecoxib) because the risk of ulcers or stomach bleeding or perforation may be increased
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use flavocoxid/ citrated zinc bisglycinate:
Use flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate by mouth on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or after eating.
- If you miss a dose of flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate.
Important safety information:
- Flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate has zinc in it. Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has zinc in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate is not recommended for use in CHILDREN younger than 18 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate while you are pregnant. It is not known if flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate.
Possible side effects of flavocoxid/ citrated zinc bisglycinate:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Diarrhea; gas; nausea.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate:
Store flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C), in a tightly sealed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using flavocoxid/citrated zinc bisglycinate.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.