Emcin Clear pad
Generic Name: erythromycin (eh-RITH-roe-MYE-sin)
Brand Name: Ery Pads and Emcin Clear
Emcin Clear pad is used for:
Treating severe acne. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Emcin Clear pad is a topical macrolide antibiotic that is thought to improve acne by slowing the growth of bacteria on the skin, which causes acne.
Do NOT use Emcin Clear pad if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Emcin Clear pad
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Emcin Clear pad:
Some medical conditions may interact with Emcin Clear pad. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver disease or you have a blood disorder called porphyria
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Emcin Clear pad. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Efavirenz or rifampin because they may decrease Emcin Clear pad's effectiveness
- Arsenic, cimetidine,diltiazem,dofetilide,HIV protease inhibitors (eg, ritonavir), imidazoles (eg, ketoconazole), pimozide, QT-prolonging agents (eg, quinidine, sotalol), quinolones (eg, ciprofloxacin), streptogramins (eg, quinupristin/dalfopristin), or verapamil because side effects, such as heart toxicity or irregular heartbeat, may occur
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), aldosterone blockers (eg, spironolactone), alfentanil, arsenic, astemizole, benzodiazepines (eg, alprazolam), bromocriptine, buspirone, carbamazepine, cilostazol, cisapride, clozapine, corticosteroids (eg, hydrocortisone), cyclosporine, digitoxin, digoxin, disopyramide, ergot alkaloids (eg, ergotamine , felodipine, H1 antagonists (eg, diphenhydramine), HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (eg, simvastatin), imatinib, macrolide immunosuppressants (eg, tacrolimus), meglitinide antidiabetics (eg, repaglinide), midazolam, phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors (eg, sildenafil), pimozide, QT-prolonging agents (eg, quinidine, sotalol), quinolones (eg, ciprofloxacin, rifampin, serotonin reuptake inhibitors (eg, fluoxetine), sumatriptan theophyllines, tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline), valproic acid, or vinca alkaloids (eg, vincristine) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Emcin Clear pad
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Emcin Clear pad may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Emcin Clear pad:
Use Emcin Clear pad as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Before using Emcin Clear pad, wash the affected area with warm water and soap, rinse, and pat dry.
- Using the pads, cover the affected and surrounding areas with a film of medicine. Allow the medicine to dry. Wash your hands immediately after you finish using Emcin Clear pad.
- Emcin Clear pad works best if it is used at the same time each day.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Emcin Clear pad for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Emcin Clear pad, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Emcin Clear pad.
Important safety information:
- Do not get Emcin Clear pad in your eyes or on the inside of your nose or mouth. If you get Emcin Clear pad in your eyes, immediately wash them out with cool tap water.
- Once you begin using Emcin Clear pad, it may take 3 to 8 weeks before you begin to see improvement.
- If severe diarrhea or stomach pain or cramping develops during treatment or within several months after treatment with Emcin Clear pad, check with your doctor or pharmacist right away. Do not treat it without first checking with your doctor.
- Be sure to use Emcin Clear pad for the full course of treatment. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Long-term or repeated use of Emcin Clear pad may cause a second infection. Tell your doctor if signs of a second infection occur. Your medicine may need to be changed to treat this.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Emcin Clear pad while you are pregnant. Emcin Clear pad is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Emcin Clear pad, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Emcin Clear pad:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Dryness; mild stinging or burning immediately after applying; peeling.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody stools; diarrhea; eye irritation; itching, burning, tenderness, or redness of your skin; stomach cramps/pain.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Emcin Clear pad may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Emcin Clear pad:
Store Emcin Clear pad at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C), in a tightly-closed container. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Keep Emcin Clear pad out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Emcin Clear pad, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Emcin Clear pad is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Emcin Clear pad or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Emcin Clear pad. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Emcin Clear pad. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Emcin Clear pad.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.