Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion
Generic Name: capsaicin/menthol/methyl salicylate (kap-SAY-sin/MEN-thol/METH-il sa-LIS-i-late)
Brand Name: Dendracin Neurodendraxcin
Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion is used for:
Temporary relief of minor aches and muscle pain associated with arthritis, simple backaches, strains, and muscle soreness and stiffness. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion is a topical analgesic. Exactly how it works is not known. It is thought to decrease the amount of a certain substance (substance P) that transmits pain in the body.
Do NOT use Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion, sulfonamides (eg, sulfamethoxazole), para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA), aspirin, or soy
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion:
Some medical conditions may interact with Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have an open wound or damaged, broken, or irritated skin
Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion:
Use Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Before the first use of Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion, rub a small amount onto your skin to check for sensitivity.
- Shake before each use. Apply just enough medicine to cover the affected area. Gently massage the medicine into skin until it disappears.
- Wash your hands with soap and water immediately after using Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion unless your hands are part of the treated area.
- If you are using Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion on your hands, allow 30 minutes for the medicine to absorb before washing. During this time, avoid touching damaged or irritated skin, contact lenses, or your eyes, nose, mouth, or other mucous membranes. Wash your hands after 30 minutes.
- Do not apply to wounds or damaged, broken (open), or irritated skin.
- Do not bandage or wrap the affected area.
- Do not use Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion with a heating pad.
- Do not expose the treated area to heat or direct sunlight. Warm or hot water or sunlight may increase burning or itching. Do not use Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion immediately after bathing, swimming, using a hot tub, sunbathing, or exposure to heat.
- If you miss a dose of Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as directed by your doctor or on the package label.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion.
Important safety information:
- For external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes, nose, mouth, or genitals. If Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion gets into your eyes, rinse immediately with cool water.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor. Do not use large amounts of Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion without checking with your doctor.
- Do not inhale any residue from Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion after it has dried. Coughing, sneezing, or throat or respiratory irritation may occur.
- Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion may be harmful if swallowed. If you may have taken Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion by mouth, contact your local poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion may stain clothes or bedding. Allow Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion to dry before you come in contact with clothing or any other surface.
- Talk with your doctor before you use any other medicines or cleansers on your skin.
- If your condition worsens, or if symptoms persist for more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days, stop using this product and contact your health care provider.
- If redness is present or if irritation develops, check with your doctor before using any more of Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion.
- If severe burning or itching occurs, remove this product by thoroughly washing the area with soap and cold water.
- Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion should not be used in CHILDREN younger than 12 years old without checking with the child's doctor; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion while you are pregnant. It is not known if Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Temporary burning or stinging at the application site.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing or swallowing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); irritation, redness, blistering, or severe or persistent burning at the application site.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion:
Store Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Close cap tightly after use. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Dendracin Neurodendraxcin lotion.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.