Coenzyme q10 liquidPronunciation
Generic Name: coenzyme q10 (Not applicable.)
Brand Name: Generics only. No brands available.
Coenzyme q10 liquid is used for:
Heart conditions (heart failure, chest pain, high blood pressure). It is also claimed to help heart damage caused by certain cancer medicines and for breast cancer, gum disease, or muscle problems (muscular dystrophy). It may also have other uses. Check with your pharmacist for more details regarding the particular brand you use.
Coenzyme q10 liquid is an herbal product. It works by protecting cells from harmful chemicals and increasing cell growth and maintenance.
Do NOT use coenzyme q10 liquid if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in coenzyme q10 liquid
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using coenzyme q10 liquid:
Some medical conditions may interact with coenzyme q10 liquid. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have heart problems, rheumatoid arthritis, a disease that affects the immune system (eg, HIV), or diabetes
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with coenzyme q10 liquid. However, no specific interactions are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if coenzyme q10 liquid may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use coenzyme q10 liquid:
Use coenzyme q10 liquid as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take coenzyme q10 liquid daily, preferably with food.
- Dosing depends on the use and the source of the product.
- Use as directed on the package, unless instructed otherwise by your doctor.
- Use a measuring device marked for medicine dosing. Ask your pharmacist for help if you are unsure of how to measure your dose.
- If you miss taking a dose of coenzyme q10 liquid for 1 or more days, there is no cause for concern. If your doctor recommended that you take it, try to remember your dose every day.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use coenzyme q10 liquid.
Important safety information:
- This product has not been approved by the FDA as safe and effective for any medical condition. The long-term safety of herbal products is not known. Before using any alternative medicine, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are using coenzyme q10 liquid for heart failure, do not stop using the product without first consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
- Keep all doctor and lab appointments while you are using this product.
- Diabetes patients - This product may lower blood sugar. Check your blood or urine sugar regularly (daily or as directed). Check with your doctor before changing the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Use coenzyme q10 liquid with caution in CHILDREN.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Coenzyme q10 liquid is not recommended for use during pregnancy. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using this product, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of coenzyme q10 liquid:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Diarrhea; loss of appetite; nausea; stomach upset; trouble sleeping.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of coenzyme q10 liquid:
Store at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and light unless otherwise directed on the package label. Do not store in the bathroom. Most herbal products are not in childproof containers. Keep coenzyme q10 liquid out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about coenzyme q10 liquid, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Coenzyme q10 liquid is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take coenzyme q10 liquid or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about coenzyme q10 liquid. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to coenzyme q10 liquid. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using coenzyme q10 liquid.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.