Generic Name: camphor/pramoxine/zinc (KAM-for/pram-OX-een/ZINK)
Brand Name: Examples include Caladryl Clear and Clear Calamine
Caladryl Clear is used for:
Treating irritation and itching associated with skin conditions such as insect bites, minor cuts or irritation, or poison ivy, oak, or sumac. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Caladryl Clear is a protectant and anesthetic combination. It works by temporarily relieving itching and pain.
Do NOT use Caladryl Clear if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Caladryl Clear
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Caladryl Clear:
Some medical conditions may interact with Caladryl Clear. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Caladryl Clear. Because little, if any, of Caladryl Clear is absorbed into the blood, the risk of it interacting with another medicine is low.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Caladryl Clear may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Caladryl Clear:
Use Caladryl Clear as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- For topical use only. Do not get Caladryl Clear in the eyes, nose, or mouth. If you get Caladryl Clear in the eyes, flush thoroughly with cool water.
- Shake well before using.
- Thoroughly clean and dry the affected areas before using Caladryl Clear. Apply a small amount of medicine over the affected areas and rub in well.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Caladryl Clear unless your hands are part of the affected area.
- If you miss a dose of Caladryl Clear, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Caladryl Clear.
Important safety information:
- Caladryl Clear may be harmful if swallowed. If you or someone you know may have taken Caladryl Clear by mouth, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
- Use Caladryl Clear with caution in CHILDREN younger than 2 years of age. Safety and effectiveness in this age group have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant while taking Caladryl Clear, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Caladryl Clear during pregnancy. It is unknown if Caladryl Clear is excreted in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Caladryl Clear, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Caladryl Clear:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Caladryl Clear:
Store Caladryl Clear at room temperature, between 59 and 77 degrees F (15 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Caladryl Clear out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Caladryl Clear, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Caladryl Clear is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Caladryl Clear or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Caladryl Clear. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Caladryl Clear. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Caladryl Clear.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about pramoxine topical
- Pramoxine foam
- Pramoxine gel
- Pramoxine lotion
- Pramoxine ointment
- Pramoxine topical