Analpram Advanced cream
Generic Name: hydrocortisone acetate/pramoxine (HYE-droe-KOR-ti-sone AS-e-tate/pram-OX-een and dye-OHS-mi-plex)
Brand Name: Analpram Advanced
Analpram Advanced cream is used for:
Treating inflammation and itching of the anal area due to certain skin conditions. The medical food is used for the dietary management of a condition called chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) that may contribute to hemorrhoids.
Analpram Advanced cream is a combination topical corticosteroid and local anesthetic cream packaged with a medical food product. The cream works by reducing skin inflammation (redness, swelling, itching, and irritation) in a way that is not exactly understood. It also decreases pain in the affected area. The tablets work to restore certain body processes toward normal.
Do NOT use Analpram Advanced cream if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Analpram Advanced cream
- you have a rectal obstruction, abscess, or perforation
- you have a history of cancer
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Analpram Advanced cream:
Some medical conditions may interact with Analpram Advanced cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have any kind of skin infection, cuts, scrapes, or lessened blood flow to your skin in the affected area
- if you have a history of recurring hemorrhoid flares
- if you have a parasitic, bacterial, fungal, or viral infection; diabetes; diarrhea; swelling of the esophagus; stomach or intestinal problems (eg, inflammation, blockage, ulcer, perforation, fistula, colostomy); inflammation of the lining of the abdomen; measles; tuberculosis (TB); a positive TB skin test; chickenpox; shingles; herpes infection of the eye; or kidney problems; or you have received a recent vaccination
- if you have a history of congestive heart failure or heart attack
- if you have had a recent intestinal surgery or procedure
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Analpram Advanced cream. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following: Chlorzoxazone, diclofenac, or metronidazole because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Analpram Advanced cream
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Analpram Advanced cream may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Analpram Advanced cream:
Use Analpram Advanced cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- The cream is for use around the rectal area only.
- Wash your hands immediately before and after using Analpram Advanced cream.
- For use around the anus, apply a small amount of medicine to the affected area and rub in gently.
- The tablets may be taken by mouth with or without food.
- Continue to take the tablets even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of Analpram Advanced cream, use it as soon as possible. If you do not remember until the next day, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Analpram Advanced cream.
Important safety information:
- Avoid getting Analpram Advanced cream in your eyes. If you get Analpram Advanced cream in your eyes, immediately flush them with cool tap water.
- If your symptoms do not get better within 2 to 3 weeks or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Do not use Analpram Advanced cream for other rectal conditions at a later time.
- Check with your doctor before having vaccinations while you are using Analpram Advanced cream.
- Corticosteroids may affect growth rate in CHILDREN and teenagers in some cases. They may need regular growth checks while they use Analpram Advanced cream.
- Caution is advised when using Analpram Advanced cream in CHILDREN; they may be more sensitive to its effects. Safety and effectiveness of the tablets in CHILDREN has not been confirmed.
- Serious side effects may occur if too much of Analpram Advanced cream is absorbed through the skin. This may be more likely to occur if you use Analpram Advanced cream over a large area of the body. It may also be more likely if you wrap or bandage the area after you apply Analpram Advanced cream. The risk is greater in children. Do not use more than the prescribed dose. Contact your doctor right away if you develop unusual weight gain (especially in the face), muscle weakness, increased thirst or urination, confusion, unusual drowsiness, severe or persistent headache, or vision changes. Discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Analpram Advanced cream while you are pregnant. It is not known if Analpram Advanced cream is found in breast milk after topical use. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Analpram Advanced cream, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Analpram Advanced cream:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Dry skin; headache; itching; stomach upset.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); acne-like rash; excessive hair growth; inflamed hair follicles; inflammation around the mouth; muscle weakness; rectal pain, burning, cracking, itching, bleeding, peeling, or irritation not present before using Analpram Advanced cream; thinning, softening, or discoloration of the skin; unusual weight gain, especially in the face.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include increased thirst or urination; muscle weakness; unusual weight gain, especially in the face. The cream may be harmful if swallowed.Proper storage of Analpram Advanced cream:
Store Analpram Advanced cream at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Analpram Advanced cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Analpram Advanced cream, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Analpram Advanced cream is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Analpram Advanced cream or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Analpram Advanced cream. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Analpram Advanced cream. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Analpram Advanced cream.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.