Zyrtec-D - what happen if I have a glass of wine?

It is generally not recommended to mix meds with wine, guess a glass would not make too much of a difference, but it is always better to talk to the health care provider since Zyrtec-D contains pseudoephedrine a decongestant.

Take care & be well!

caringsonbj 10 Apr 2011

I agree with Rajive I think the best thing you can do is to check with your physician, in the book I have here it says not to combine this with alcohol or other central nervous system depressants. Do take good care!

Rajive Goel 11 Apr 2011

Thanks!

Anonymous

Interactions between your selected drugs

ethanol ↔ cetirizine
Applies to: Alcohol (contained in alcoholic beverages) (ethanol), Zyrtec-D (cetirizine/pseudoephedrine)
GENERALLY AVOID: Alcohol may potentiate some of the pharmacologic effects of CNS-active agents. Use in combination may result in additive central nervous system depression and impairment of judgment, thinking, and psychomotor skills.

MANAGEMENT: Patients receiving CNS-active agents should be warned of this interaction and advised to avoid or limit consumption of alcohol. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.

Other drugs that your selected drugs interact with

Anonymous

I would suggest you talk with your pharmatist. Depends on if you take the allegra in the AM, & sure your not drinking wine in the AM. Ha! Anyway you may be ok or not , so check with your pharmatist...

Anonymous 10 Apr 2011

Sorry, you said Zyrtec, but my answer is the same, check with your pharmatist!