Zoloft - symptoms of weaning off sertraline?

Are you doing said weaning as an order from your Dr? usually there is an allowance for the transition, was there none. Is there a question here?

blockbaby53 16 Aug 2012

Yes, weaning off on order from dr. Just wanted to know what withdrawal symptoms are usually experienced. Everything that I looked up on the internet gave side effects while taking the med, but not about withdrawal. Thank you for your interest.

Hello blockbaby53. You will likely feel anxiety, agitation, insommnia, excessive sweating, and tremors. Best of wishes and be well, pledge

blockbaby53 16 Aug 2012

How about crying easily?

pledge 17 Aug 2012

That might also be one.

If you reduce your dosage slowly over time you can avoid any adverse symptoms. Be aware though the reasons you started taking the Zoloft in the first place may return.

Blockbaby, I really hope you are doing this under a drs care. If they have you on a tapering schedule your side effects should be minimal. When I tapered off I experienced anxiety, agitation, and insomnia. But, I tend to have a hard time with medication changes. Good luck to you!

I am 25 and have been trying to wean off of Zoloft for about 4 months. I've been on the drug for 3 years. I have terrible withdrawal symptoms. I'm under doctors care and just started a half a 50mg pill every two days. I get dizzy, head zaps, nausea, heat sensitivity, etc. The symptoms are getting worse. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Anonymous 20 Aug 2012

Somethinggerkia, I would suggest you pst this as a question of your own in order to get a better response or answer. Sometimes just comments are nt sen right away by the people that need to answer these type of questions about these type of meds. I am sorry they are out of my field of expertise...