Zithromax Z-Pak - Is it safe if you are trying to get pregnant?

It's absolutely fine if you are trying to get pregnant.

If you are already pregnant then the caution is as follows:

Teratogenic Effects. Pregnancy Category B

Reproduction studies have been performed in rats and mice at doses up to moderately maternally toxic dose concentrations (i.e., 200 mg/kg/day). These doses, based on a mg/m2 basis, are estimated to be 4 and 2 times, respectively, the human daily dose of 500 mg. In the animal studies, no evidence of harm to the fetus due to azithromycin was found. There are, however, no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women. Because animal reproduction studies are not always predictive of human response, azithromycin should be used during pregnancy only if clearly needed.

http://www.drugs.com/pro/zithromax.html