Can you suddenly stop taking prilosec after being on it for a long time?

Yes, it does not cause dependence

Yes, but you may find that your heartburn returns.

i have gerd and i switched meds from protonix to prilosec?

the protonix was making my jaws hurt and making me have more breathing issues like short breaths every now and again do you think prilosec will help ...

Can I take Prilosec 1/2 hour prior to taking Doxycycline?

I am taking Doxycyline long term and unless I take it first then eat immediately, I get severe heartburn. I have a prescription for Prilosec and ...

How do I take both gabapentine and Prilosec?

My new dr. is starting me on gabapentine 100 mg. for severe, chronic headache (24 yrs+), but I also take Prilosec for stomach ulcer/GERD problems. I ...

Omeprazole - should I be taking zantac and prilosec both daily ?

I was prescribed zantac 150 mg twice daily , then was prescribed prilosec Dr 20mg once daily. I was never told to stop the first medication. Should I ...

Rabeprazole - Effects of alochol on gerd medicines?

Why does 2 beers or 2 mixed drinks seem to destroy the affect of gerd medicines; including Prilosec and Aciphex? Other gerd medicines do me no good.