Can you take motrin if you are taking Plavix?

Probably not - the combination could cause unusual bleeding. You should check with your doctor. You may be ok to take Motrin but at a lower dose.
http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1310-780,705-360
It is safe for you to take acetaminophen.

You should never take motrin with plavix because it is an NSAID and could cause a possible stomach bleed and latest findings are that any form of NSAIDs with plavix can cause another heart attack or stroke.

My doctor advises using only acetaminophen (Tylonal) for pain and fever while taking Plavix. The side effects of Plavix with other medications has to be closely monitored. I was on Plavix 15 years ago and developed stomach bleeding. It was rather unpleasant. My stool was jet black and had tar like consistency. After week in the hospital and a unit of blood, I was back on my feet. They took me off the Plavix. This past week my stents closed up and had to be replaced. I am back on Plavix and my heart surgeon will not even consider using anything else. I have read reports in the past that Plavix is no better than aspirin but who knows what is true anymore with these meds? The drug companies promote their potions and the holistic folks will say the companies are lying etc.