Can you drink 1 glass of wine at night while taking CIPROFLOXCIN 500 mg (2 x daily)?

This question has also been asked and answered here:
Can you drink alcohol while taking ciprofloxacin?

I can't find anything specific but as a general rule its a good idea not to mix alcohol with medications.

The use of ciprofloxacin together with alcohol has not proven to have any unsafe interactions. However, the alcohol can slow down the efficiency of the drug at fighting the infection, therefore it is not recommended. It is a fact that antibiotics and alcohol operate in the same way, which is to pass through the bloodstream, cause a little change in the body, and eventually washed out. So the body may experience stress in processing both courses of action at the same time. It is not a good plan to drink alcohol while your body is busy combating an infection. Alcohol consumption may suppress the immune system which results in decreased production of white blood cells that aid in taking down infections.

Sheela2 20 Apr 2012

DemoninDC thanks for your help, I will take your advice.

DemoninDC 20 Apr 2012

Your welcome. Best wishes on your speedy recovery.