Would Lamictal be used to treat Diabetic neuropathy?

Lamictal is a prescription medication used to treat the following conditions:

*Bipolar disorder -- Lamictal is approved as a mood stabilizer to treat bipolar disorder (manic depression).
*Epilepsy -- Lamictal is approved to treat various types of seizures in people with epilepsy.

Epilepsy is a disorder of the brain that causes brief changes in how the brain's electrical system works. This change in brain activity can lead to a seizure. It is not known exactly how Lamictal works for treating epilepsy. Studies suggest that the drug may work by affecting sodium channels in the brain, preventing the abnormal activity from spreading to other parts of the brain. This action helps control seizures.

It is also not exactly known how Lamictal works to treat bipolar disorder.