going on 10 weeks now. dental implant on 4/1 and infection set in. on my third type of antibiotic and now i have 2 q-tip size holes in my upper gum, going on 2 weeks and no end in sight. surgeon doesn't seem worried. 500mg amoxicillin 3x/day and infection is still draining. should I be seeking another opinion? stronger antibiotics? anything? getting scared! thnx!!!
14 Jun 2010
By all means seek a second opinion if you are concerned.
However you should be reassured that your surgeon is not worried.
Infections can take a while to heal and you may just need to ride it out and wait until the wound starts healing.
Talk to your surgeon about your concerns.
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Out of country and have abscessed tooth. What is best antibiotic and dosage until I can get to dentist?
1 answer • 11 Aug 2009
4 answers • 25 Aug 2009
... done so he probably got it from there. he didnt have any further tests done yet, so we still dont know his cd4 yet or anything. im devastated. i ...
5 answers • 5 Nov 2009
1 answer • 2 Jun 2014