Are there withdrawel symptoms associated with neurontin?

Anonymous

Do not stop taking Neurontin for seizures without first talking to your doctor, even if you feel fine. You may have increased seizures if you stop using Neurontin suddenly. You may need to use less and less before you stop the medication completely.

http://www.drugs.com/neurontin.html

Take care,

masso.-

Yes there are withdrawal symptoms. Neurontin is a drug that can be used for different things. Nerve pain and also as an anti seizure medication. Depending on how long you have been taking it you may experience withdrawals such as:
anxiety, cold sweats, nerve pain, not being able to concentrate.

If you are epileptic and using it for anti seizure meds DO NOT STOP taking it! You could have a seizure that could kill you. (I am an Epileptic, myself) Never stop taking any anti epilepsy drugs suddenly without talking to your doctor.

If you are using this for pain/nerve relief you may have the above withdrawal symptoms depending you time/amount used.

I hope this helps you.

I got off neurontin/gabapentin last fall after many years of high dosages. The withdrawal symptoms will vary on how you withdraw. Everyone reacts differently to Neurontin withdrawal, so a doc is needed to monitor and customize the tapering. There are almost 100 different symptoms (some very serious) claimed by people for Neurontin/gabapentin withdrawal. Doctors will normally graduate the daily dosage down, sometimes over a very long period to see effects on the patient. With neurontin, it is usually to see the effects on seizures or pain, and to reduce withdrawal symptoms. If taking multiple capsules multiple times per day, the times will often stay the same, but the number of capsules are reduced at one or more of those times. Neurontin, gabapentin, and Lyrica have a half-life of 6 hours depending on the quality of your kidneys. That is why the times often stay the same, but the dosages are reduced for each time you take it.