Will ultram make you fail a drug test even though it is not a narcotic?

It depends on if they are testing for it. Most tests dont. It isnt an opioid but it is opioid-like, carrying all the same risks. Some states list it as a controlled substance and some dont. You would have to find out if they are testing for it and also you might ask your pharmacy if it is a controlled substance in your state if you dont already know. Good Luck with your test! Usually, even if they test for it, as long as you have a Rx for it you should be ok!