Will ultram give a positive result for opiates on a drug test?

Ultram (tramadol) will only show up on a drug test if it is specifically tested for.
The majority of urine drug tests will not test for Tramadol.

At this time, tramadol is not considered a narcotic/opiate. Although tramadol is an opioid drug (similar to morphine), it does not seem to be as addictive as other opioids. Also, tramadol is not classified as a narcotic according to the Controlled Substances Act. However, research has recently shown that tramadol works similarly to morphine, and there have been reports of abuse and dependence on the drug.