Will tramadol show up on a urine drug test?

not on a standard job related drug test... 5-6 panel no... 10-12 panel, probably, but it is non narcotic so if you are worried about that, dont. if you are worried because you have taken something you are not prescribed,,then i would worry. As far as that goes, though totally non narcotic so it will not show up as an opiate.

DzooBaby 23 Mar 2011

That is not entirely true about it being non narcotic and it is a controlled drug in some states. It has the abuse potential of many opioids and is a mu-opioid agonist which most people will not know what that means but suffice it to say it is considered an opioid. You are right that it does not show up on many standard tests. It is another drug that needs to be tested for specifically. If the test is for pain management or for a legal matter you can bet they will test for it. A pre-employment drug screen, probably not. It also depends on whether it is considered a controlled drug in your state.

AtHisfeet 21 Jan 2013

Fact as of 12-1-2012, Each State regulates whether Tramadol is a controlled substance. Kentucky & Tennessee, yes it is a controlled substance and considered a narcotic. Every year the number of PANELs in the drug testing urine sample increase becoming more specific and precise. If you take a test that has this on one of its panels, you will test positive for it. If it is prescribed, you have nothing to worry about.