Will tramadol show on drug test? if so as what?

tramadol is not a opiate so it won't show on a tox screen. You will be fine... Dave

fireguy 17 May 2010

thanks dave , I just want to make shure because I'm prescribed oxycodone by my dr. and was fired from an employer even though I have a prescription and don't tak it on the days I work . but it takes 7 to 10 day for it to clear your system , no way to prove I didn't take it on my work day

kimmie1 17 May 2010

So sorry to hear about your misfourtane. There should have been no way tramadol would have shown up as an opiate. Dave is a sharp guy. I would take what he says as the truth and nothing but the truth... kimmie1

Tramadol is not a narcotic/opiate so yes you should be fine. It is just listed as an analgesic. It can still be addictive if taken to long but shouldn't show up on a test. Good luck in your job.

Actually, In some states, Tramadol is considered a Narcotic. It is in Kentucky! Tramadol has Hydrochloride and if they tested for it, it would show up! Although I don't think it's considered an opiate.

If you want to research it a little more, here is more information: http://www.drugs.com/tramadol.html

Tramadol is a narcotic-like pain reliever. Tramadol is used to treat moderate to severe pain. Tramadol extended-release is used to treat moderate to severe chronic pain when treatment is needed around the clock. Tramadol may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/search.php?is_main_search=0&is_inet_search=0&searchterm=tramadol&x=16&y=17#ixzz0oE6pKb4n