Will the new op oxycontin show up as an opiate in drug test?

Actually, I beg to somewhat disagree. If they test for thebaine derived opiates then yes, it will show. My last job screen tested for morphine derived opiates only so I showed negative even though I take 60mg OxyContin and 3-4 30mg oxycodone for breakthrough most every day. So it depends on if the are testing for it. It has to be detected with a special test for thebaine derived drugs but many places do test for them.

DzooBaby 13 Sep 2011

If the tester is pain management, then they will most definitely test for them.

Yes, it will give a positive result for opiates.

Yup.