will subutex get you as sick as taking suboxone if you do not wait the desired time frame?

Both suboxone and subutex will put you into precipitated w/d if you begin the induction before going into severe w/d. You need to score at least a 26 on the COWS (clinical opioid w/d scale) worksheet. You will find INDUCTION suggestions and a link to the COWS worksheet on the following link in the INDUCTION section. Hope that helps.

steven396 13 Feb 2010

robert... with all due respect..i have been doing alot of research on the drug subutex. I found an article posted by a medical professional that is well respected and the article was very helpful. It stated that with the drug suboxone a person must wait various hours bepending of the drug that has been taken.wheather it be morphine,heroin,or methadone before you take the suboxone.the amazing part of the article that i didnt know stated that with the drug subutex because it does not contain the other drug naloxone... a person can take subutex as soon as 5 minutes after taking a lesser opiate such as lortab or vicoden or percacet with no precipitated withdrawls. now i know that most drs prescribe suboxone 98 percent of the times ... so all comments that i have read say that u must wait and this is true you do have to wait several hours before taking suboxone. but i goes on to state that if your doctor gives you subutex first ...

rhonda120280 25 Aug 2011

I just recently sed Subutex and Suboxone to come off of Methadone After 12 years... With the Subutex to help with the first 2 days I was able to get through. I continued on to the suboxone after the 2nd day and am now on day 30 NO METHADONE :) feel great, and DID NOT GET SICK

marilynj55 12 Jan 2012

Robert, respectfully, I have done a lot of research on this too, and I think that your comment that "both suboxone and subutex will put you into precipitated w/d if you begin the induction before going into severe w/d" is simply incorrect. That is what my doctor, pharmacists I have consulted and just about everything I have read on the web about the difference between the two suggest.

I did a bunch of research prior to taking subutex for dependency on morphine and oxycodone. I read differing ideas, and mostly read that unlike suboxone you can take subutex before W/Ds set in. THIS IS WRONG!! I took 8 mg of subutex after about 16 hours since last MS dose. Prior to taking the subutex, I was in mild discomfort from detoxes, but I was not in severe detoxes which I know well from previous detoxes. I took the subutex and within one hour I was in the most sever painful detoxes I have ever experienced. Moral of the story: wait until you are really Really sick to take subutex. I wish I had read this before I just went through that. Ugh.

actually... taking the subutex before severe withdrawal WILL NOT make you sick like suboxone. it works alot better. i was doing OC 80s everyday, atleast 7 a day..for about a year... and 1 morning..i did my last OC around 7am... did the subutex around 1pm..and nothing happened. been taking subutex for the last 4 days and feel fine. going to stop taking it tonight. but it totally does not make you sick like suboxone

x bupe jama 28 Apr 2011

u kidding i havnt touchd hammer in 4 years just jammn the bupe two days now and im tottally fukkd u name it im fealing it its good just dont jam it and slowly lower ya dose good lucck n god bless

Shannara2010 14 Jul 2011

thank you addicted 104, i was in the same predicament with the 80's, then cut down to 40's and only 5 of those, i am ready to try subutex. And can't wait to be done with this.

Canbrake 27 Aug 2011

OK so who is correct my research says Robert. seems the naloxen is to dicourage intravenious use and only enters the system that way per the Suboxen manufactures website. Hey I went in precipitated withdrwals after not haveing used for 40 hours and believe me if there is a Hell that is it. My Dr said wait until you are in withdrwals so bad you want to die than take the suboxene I would bet nowe that is a 26 on the cows scale any way hope none experience what I did. PS Robert your post help me a lot I am now on day 2 feeling better took my suboxene today and got a little uncofortable for an hour but now ok when will I start to feel like this is the right thing to do?