Will somas show up in drug tests?

yes

nurseyart 2 Jul 2010

only narcotis show positive on a drug test!!! but, there is a soma that has tylenol #3 in it. the bottle will say this on it. drug tests are only to check for illegal drugs, and narcotics. some check for alcohol and some check for nicotine.

christineATU 2 Jul 2010

You have GOT to be kidding me? Here is a list of what Ameritox screens for on their 12 panel. However, there are other tests that are more extensive depending on what the tester is willing to pay for:
Cocaine
Amphetamine
Methamphetimine
THC
Methadone
Opiates
Phencyclidine
Barbituates
Benzodiazapine
Trycyclics
Oxycodone
Propoxyphene

Hi :) Soma (Carisoprodol HCL) has a first pass metabolite which is meprobamate ( a barbituric acid like substance). This "Can" trigger a positive EMIT screening test (urine) but will NOT likely be confirmed. So, to make it more clear, The Answer Is "NO"... Hope this helps you..

fall queen 21 Jun 2010

Lexus985, instead of giving out stupid incorrect information you need to do your research first, this person may have taken only one or two and could lose a job because people like you just guess 50/50 if this answer is correct miss Lexus985 my advice is DON'T DRIVE!, and read before you type. Yeah it's me again Fall Queen

nurseyart 2 Jul 2010

only narcotics!!!

My answer to your question is that It is extremely unlikely. And here is the reason. Soma is a first cousin of a drug called Meprobamate that was developed by Wallace Labratories in the late 1940's and early 1950's and sold for many years on prescription under the brand name of Equanil as an anti-anxiety agent. Soma IS NOT related to barbiturates as one person answered, but is in a distinctly different class of drugs known as the carbamates. Most drug screens that are done for employment reasons are designed to pick up illegal street drugs such as Heroin, (however Vicodin and others in the opioid family and legally prescribed will give a positive result, as will poppy seeds in breads or foods), marijuana, methamphetamine and cocaine. These drug screens are a "quick and dirty" screen that can often give false positives.

fall queen 21 Jun 2010

RudyRX, you need to go and check your PDR, a little over a year ago I had a nieghbor who was moving, he asked me to help him out with some of the cleaning. Before I left he gave me a couple of Soma's. It was my day off and I wasn't planning on going anywhere, so I ate ONE! Yes, I am sure I had a reaction because I am on pain management, at least 12-15 hours later I was pulled over for swerving while driving. I wasn't particulary worried because my prescriptions say I can drive (using care) and one is an opiate, the other is a benzo. I was arrested for a DUI! The test came back with Soma and I was told right then and there that Soma is responsible for many car accidents.

christineATU 21 Jun 2010

With all of it's side effects, I naturally assumed it would be a controlled substance. I was wrong. However, with these side effects, it should be controlled. I apologize for giving the wrong information.

"Soma may cause unusual symptoms that appear within minutes or hours of taking the medication. Symptoms reported include: agitation, confusion, disorientation, dizziness, double vision, enlargement of pupils, extreme weakness, exaggerated feeling of well-being, lack of coordination, speech problems, temporary loss of vision, and temporary paralysis of arms and legs. These symptoms usually subside within a few hours. If you experience any of them, contact your doctor immediately.

Soma may impair the mental or physical abilities you need to drive a car or operate dangerous machinery. Do not participate in hazardous activities until you know how Soma affects you.

really really doubt it if you arent abusing it. i actually just took a hair follicle and urine test for court, real court, and i had been prescribed vicodin and tramadol and also had taken soma within the past 90 days. None of them showed up not even on the urine test. I didnt "abuse" any of these drugs and never had but it really made me wonder how much people have to take to get caught.

No