Will neurotin show up on a urine lab test? (If they are sending it to the lab for tramadol testing)?

Neurontin is an anti-epileptic medication, also called an anticonvulsant. It affects chemicals and nerves in the body that are involved in the cause of seizures and some types of pain. It is not a narcotic medication nor a controlled substance. If they are testing for tramadol and you haven't taken tramadol, you will test negative. Gabapentin (Neurontin) has not been known to cause false positives for tramadol.

since it is not a narcotic (but it is for pain) remind your doctor you are using it during the testing sometimes they foorget and order a full panel just to be sure things are doing as they should, my reason for saying that they might check would not be because they would wonder about the narcotic use of it sometimes since it is used an an anticonvulsant they will just check Neurontin levels but just remind the doctor, that should not be a problem but just in case better to be sure, drugs like Dilantin and phenobarbitol and Tegertol are run through the lab just to make sure the levels are where they should be so if they are not then the doctor can adjust them by either increasing or decreasing your medications depending on the conclusion of the test but reminding him will just allow him to know and from now on he should be aware especially if he makes a note in the chart that when testing for drugs he needs to be aware of Neurontin as well I hope you are having a good day and please take good care, only the very best of wishes,